This fonds includes the letters of Anna Leveridge, written to her mother and family friends in England, describing their boat trip to Canada and pioneer life in the backwoods of Hastings County, Ontario, near Coe Hill, Marmora, and Millbridge. The fonds also includes family genealogy and photographs.Leveridge, Anna
This index consists of computer output microfiches of land records held in Archives of Ontario. The microfiches provide an index to Crown Land Papers, Canada Company Papers, and the Peter Robinson Papers from 1819 to 1830.
Fonds consists of photographs, memorabilia, scrapbooks, and newspaper clippings related to Aureen Richardson and her family, and to her genealogical research and historical research on events and people in the United Counties of Northumberland and Durham and Hastings County.Richardson, Aureen
The microfilms are copies of the decennial nominal census for Peterborough County from 1871. The microfilm also includes census records for parts of Northumberland East, Prince Edward and Hastings Counties.Canada. Peterborough County Census.
The microfilms are copies of the 1851 and 1861 decennial nominal census for Peterborough County and parts of Prescott and Prince Edward Counties. Also included (reel 4) is the 1851 census for the Townships of Minden, Stanhope, and Dysart.Canada West. Peterborough County Census.
Item is an advertisement of the Canadian Copying House by Ford & Coleman, Ameliasburgh, Ontario. The general office is specified as being located in Belleville, Ontario, and the advertisement claims that first-class artists have been secured and that the company is able to copy pictures and photographs. It is also a wholesaler and retailer of frames, stereoscopes, engravings, etc. The advertisement is mounted on a piece of wood.Canadian Copying House
The fonds consists of records regarding Carrying Place, Prince Edward County. It includes information of the Corrigan Family, including correspondence, legal material, and bills (1825-1947); information of the Weller-Miskin family (1815-1839); historical press clippings regarding Carrying Place (1910-1960); and a John Miller Scrapbook, (1879).Carrying Place
This addition to the fonds consists of one large photograph album containing newspaper clippings, photographs, correspondence and biographical records regarding the Corrigan House and family of Carrying Place, Ontario. Album contains drawings by B. Napier Simpson of the Corrigan House at The Carrying Place, Prince Edward County. There are also sheets of biographical information on the Asa Weller family and the Robertson, French and Corrigan families and B. Napier Simpson.
Fonds also includes Echoes and Reflections of Flora Morrison. Prepared by Dr. Mary Northway, edited by Prof. John WadlandCarrying Place
This addition to the fonds consists of records such as births, marriages, deaths and school records of Flora Morrison's family who resided in Carrying Place.Carrying Place
This collection consists of miscellaneous ledgers and legal documents of businesses, doctors, etc. in Peterborough, surrounding counties and areas in southern Ontario.Brown, David
This collection consists of technical plans and details of the Deloro mining processes, labour relations and union papers, medical information concerning arsenic poisoning, historical material regarding Deloro and the village of Marmora, maps, and plant photographs, layouts, and site plans.Deloro Mine
Collection consists of employee records, plant and engineering operations, and photographs of Deloro village and the Deloro mining and smelting site.Deloro Mine
This item is a foreman's wage and material book from the Engineer Department of the Grand Trunk Railway, showing the name and occupation of workers, rate and amount of pay and material used for each four week period, 1866 to March 7, 1874. Each page bears the notation "paid at Belleville".Grand Trunk Railway
This fonds consists of primary research material and the manuscript and photographs for Harley R. Cummings' book, "Early Days in Haliburton". The fonds also consists of correspondence, including letters from the Honorable Leslie Frost, photographs, maps, and an original 1863 surveyor's diary for Eyre Township. Also included are the C.R. Stewart diaries, dated 1902-1904. C.R. Stewart (1826-1905) was resident agent for the Canadian Land and Immigration Company and was the first settler in the Village of Haliburton. In his diaries he refers to Colonel Samuel Hughes and Mossom Boyd. Stewart's son, C.E. Stewart (1851-1921) was editor of the "Bobcaygeon Independent". The fonds also includes several historical papers and publications written by Cummings and others.Cummings, Harley R.
Fonds consists of call-up notification postcards (1874-1880) sent by Lieut.-Col. Alex. McKenzie of Barrie, Ontario, to Lieut. John Sutherland of Bond Head, Ontario regarding the Battalion being raised at Barrie for the Northwest Rebellion. Also included are genealogical records related to the Cummings and MacCallum families, a photocopy of a book written by Harley Cummings entitled Cummings-MacCallum: A Tale of Two Families; notes and other materials related to the teaching career of Cummings; three photographs: Hon. Thos. Mackay's Mills, Distillery etc. and part of New Edinburgh, Rideau Falls, New Edinburgh, from Railway Bridge, and an unidentified photo similar to the previous two; and three maps: 1. Ontario Department of Highways Road Map of the Provisional County of Haliburton, 1952 (original); 2. Plan of Part of York River and its Southern Tributaries, Egan's River, Hudson's Creek & Allen's Creek together with the Head Waters of the E. & W. Branches of Crow River & Buckhorn Branch of Ottanabe [Otonabee] River, Tributaries to the St. Lawrence, surveyed by John A. Snow, Hull, 1855 (in four sheets, copied from microfilm); 3. Plan of Part of York River, commencing at the Floodwood Jam, surveyed by John A. Snow, Hull, 1854 (in three sheets, copied from microfilm).Cummings, Harley R.
Fonds consists of maps and plans of the Ottawa and Haliburton areas, time-books of Bronsons and Weston logging firm, and photographs of the building of a railway, and of the Haliburton area. Included also are research material and manuscripts relating to books which Harley R. Cummings wrote about schools in the Ottawa area, and on the history of Haliburton. Included are notes on John Strachan and a transcript of his diary. The fonds also includes several genealogical charts of the MacCallum family.Cummings, Harley R.
Item includes a collection of signatures, notes, and documents pasted into a copy of the "Annual Report on Normal, Model, Grammar and Common Schools...," 1857. Materials relate, for the most part, to the Bell and Canniff families of Thurlow Township, Hastings County. Other items of note include a document certifying parents' satisfaction with teacher Robert Laing, Big Island, 1817; a document relating to the building of a bridge across a creek in Thurlow Township, 1832; a notice regarding a meeting to elect officers for the formation of an agricultural society in Hastings County [Midland District Agricultural Society], 1830; and a declaration regarding Stephen Ferguson Bell who saw "a greate shooting of the stars... a continual shooting from the center of the Heavens in every direction," 1833.Hastings County
This fonds consists of 2 voting lists from the Village of Hastings in Ontario from 1935 and 1942.Hastings Village
This fonds consists of copies of papers written by J.E.R. and H.V. Munro of Peterborough, Ontario, on the following topics: The Shanleys - Pioneer Railway Builders, manuscript 14 pages, (London, Ontario); Katherine Wallis - 1945 address to Women's Art Association of Peterborough, manuscript, 9 pages; Women's Art Association of Peterborough through 60 years, 1965, 8 pages; Pioneer; A Chronology of Prince Edward County and the Early Pioneers, 1964, 28 pages; and The Village of Demorestville in the Township of Sophiasburg in the County of Prince Edward, Ontario, 1971, 23 pages and 6 pages correspondence from 1972.Munro, J.E.R. and Helena V.
Fonds consists of personal correspondence and R.C.A.F. materials relating to the military career of John Grover. Also included are family history materials, including a family tree, research notes, and typescripts of family letters.
The 15 microfilm reels from the Department of Lands and Forests holdings contain field survey notes for most townships in southern Ontario dating from 1784 to 1945. The handwritten guide to the survey notes was prepared by students in a geography course at Trent University.Ontario. Department of Lands and Forests
This fonds consists of two watercolours with one identified as Hastings, Ontario, and and the other identified as Forest City. Also included in the fonds are two pencil sketches and a photograph of another sketch. One sketch of two farms and a river with a steamboat on it, but otherwise unidentified. The other sketch is of the Anderson house, the Ashfield house, Mr. Harry Fowld's house and the Wanamaker's house, all in Hastings, Ontario. The photographic reproduction is of a sketch entitled Hastings on the Trent, Ontario. The watercolours and sketches were created by Rev. Michael A. Farrar.Farrar, Michael Andrews
This collection consists of two photographs and five prints of various towns. The two photographs are of Port Hope and are hand-coloured. One photograph (item #1) is of Trinity College School before the fire. The other photograph (item #2) is framed and matted. It is of Port Hope's harbour taken from the western hill. There is one coloured reproduction print (item #3) of Port Hope which is matted and framed. This print was presented by Mr. and Mrs. M.E. Lewis to Trent University on the occasion of the opening of Bata Library. There is one print (item #4) of Lindsay which was produced in 1882. Another print (item #5) is entitled "Hastings on the Trent, Ont." and was drawn by Rev. M.A. Farrar and lithographed by Brown and Bautz. Item #6 is a framed black and white photograph of an 1832 pencil sketch of Government House in Peterborough which was drawn by Mary Sanford. The last print (item #7) is a framed coloured reproduction print of York from Gibralter Point from 1828.