Showing 87 results

Archival description
Collection
Advanced search options
Print preview Hierarchy View:

Miscellaneous maps collection

  • 93-008
  • Collection
  • 1846-2010

This collection consists of miscellaneous maps of Upper Canada, Canada West and Ontario. The maps consist mostly of the Peterborough area and include Sir Sandford Fleming's 1846 map of Peterborough.

Miscellaneous maps

Town sketches collection

  • 95-1017
  • Collection
  • [ca.1828-1900]

This collection consists of two photographs and five prints of various towns. The two photographs are of Port Hope and are hand-coloured. One photograph (item #1) is of Trinity College School before the fire. The other photograph (item #2) is framed and matted. It is of Port Hope's harbour taken from the western hill. There is one coloured reproduction print (item #3) of Port Hope which is matted and framed. This print was presented by Mr. and Mrs. M.E. Lewis to Trent University on the occasion of the opening of Bata Library. There is one print (item #4) of Lindsay which was produced in 1882. Another print (item #5) is entitled "Hastings on the Trent, Ont." and was drawn by Rev. M.A. Farrar and lithographed by Brown and Bautz. Item #6 is a framed black and white photograph of an 1832 pencil sketch of Government House in Peterborough which was drawn by Mary Sanford. The last print (item #7) is a framed coloured reproduction print of York from Gibralter Point from 1828.

Town sketches

Leslie Woolcott collection

  • 97-020
  • Collection
  • 1983-1986

This collection consists of various documents relating to women's issues in Canada and third world countries. Included are correspondence and documents relating to the Fourth World Conference on Women in Beijing in 1985, and documents relating to the Kawartha World Issues Centre.

Leslie Woolcott

Preston family marriage documents collection

  • 97-1012
  • Collection
  • 1868; 1880

This collection consists of two marriage certificates. One is a handwritten certificate documenting the marriage of Charles Luduc and Sarah Walton, officiated by Pastor Michael [Tunlin], and dated 21 January 1868 at Cobourg. The other is a standard printed certificate, dated 28 February 1880 in Peterborough, and documenting the marriage of William Storms and Emma Preston. There is one family name in common on the two documents: Preston.

Preston family

John R. Marshall collection

  • 97-1025
  • Collection
  • [192?]; 1952

This collection consists of a photograph of John R. Marshall, possibly in his late 30s or early 40s, and newspaper clipping memorials to Marshall at the time of his death in April 1952.

John R. Marshall

Harold Reid collection

  • 97-1029
  • Collection
  • 1880-1997

This collection consists of a ledger dated 1880-1905 created by Robert Henry Reid which records transactions for goods sold or services exchanged for goods. The merchandise involved appears to be that of a general store or farm supply depot. Also included is a journal (and typescript) created by Frederick Reid describing his move west from Ontario to Edmonton between 1907 and 1909. A biographical note about Fred by his son is included at the end. Collection also includes a letter to Harold A. Reid from Florence Reid and two copy photographs: one of Fred and Louise Reid, 1949 and one of the school house which Frederick Reid attended, 1946.

Harold Reid

Margaret Van Every collection

  • 97-1032
  • Collection
  • 1923-1982

This collection consists of six published articles and booklets relating to Mary Northway, W.E. Blatz, the Brora Centre and child psychology. It also consists of two photographs, one of Taylor Statten at Camp Ahmek in 1929, and one of Camp Ahmek council members in 1923, with accompanying key to names. Also included is a share certificate issued to Marian Gibson by John Northway and Son, Limited, and 1982 reminiscences of Mary Northway of her days at Glen Bernard Camp.

Margaret Van Every

Peterborough Bikeways collection.

  • 97-1033
  • Collection
  • 1975-1976

This collection consists of copies of the agendas and minutes of the first eight meetings of the Steering Committee on Bikeways. Also included are a 1975 Peterborough Bikeway Report (which includes a proposed bicycle trail map), correspondence, etc.

Peterborough Bikeways

Reid family photographs

  • 97-1034
  • Collection
  • [1997?]

This accession consists of copy photographs, several of which are of originals in the Reid family photograph album and date from the 1840's to 1900's. One is of the Robert Henry "Harry" Devinish Reid family accompanied by an identification sheet with vital statistics for each member. Included also is a set of ten copy photographs of three generations of the Reid family. This set is accompanied by a family chart providing statistics for those listed.

Reid family

Cole Collection

  • 98-007
  • Collection
  • 1898-1986

This collection consists of materials relating to Trent University's Morton Lecture Series, including the inaugural lecture with dinner hosted by the Governor General of Ontario in 1982. Also included is a report on the civil rights of the native population in Ontario (1954), a calendar of Victoria University (1989), a University of Toronto development publication, and correspondence, etc. of the Trent University .02 club.

Jean Murray Cole

David Brown collection

  • 98-015
  • Collection
  • 1826-1967

This collection consists of miscellaneous ledgers and legal documents of businesses, doctors, etc. in Peterborough, surrounding counties and areas in southern Ontario.

David Brown

Reverend Vincent Clementi collection

  • 98-1000
  • Collection
  • 1860-1932

These documents pertain to property in the city of Peterborough (lot 8 on the north side of Townsend Street and on the south side of Dalhousie Street west of Aylmer St.) once owned by Reverend Vincent Clementi. They consist of deeds, mortgages, and include the will of Clementi and his wife Elizabeth. Grantors and mortgage holders include James Hall Sheriff, Allan Macdougall, J.D. Collins, George Barlee, Thomas and Jane Fairbairn, R. Boucher, Katherine Dennistoun, G. Stevenson, H.C. Rogers. Clementi bought the property in 1874.

Reverend Vincent Clementi

Results 76 to 87 of 87