Collection consists of 13 Peterborough, Ontario postcards reproductions of scenes and buildings dated ca. 1940 - ca. 1955. Subjects include St. Peter's Cathedral, Western Clock Company Ltd., George Street, Civic Hospital, Trinity United Church, Quaker Oats Company Ltd., War Memorial, Peterborough Collegiate & Vocational School, St. John's Anglican Church, City Hall, George St. United Church, and St. Paul's Presbyterian Church.
This fonds consists of 58 volumes of the Peterborough Collegiate and Vocational School yearbook called "The Echoes"; 2 Minute Books for the Girls' Athletic Association from 1908 to 1923; 13 scattered volumes of "Commencement Exercises" between 1937 and 1951; and 1 volume of "Reports of the Business Board of the Collegiate Echoes of the P.C.I." dated 1916-1918. Additional materials were donated by Dr. Fern Rahmel in 2002 on the occasion of the 175th anniversary of P.C.V.S.
The fonds consists of the constitution and by-laws of the Peterborough Community Concert Association. Also included are correspondence, contracts, minutes, programmes, clippings and publicity materials of each concert season spanning a twenty-nine year period.
Fonds consists of administrative and promotional material, meeting minutes, budgetary records, programs, artist contracts, membership lists, and correspondence relating to the Peterborough Concert Association.
This addition to the fonds consists of documentary records of the activities of the Peterborough Community Concert Association including programs, reviews of concerts, correspondence, minutes and financial records.
This fonds consists of photographs, programmes of concerts, as well as financial statements, budgets, etc. There are also newspaper reviews and adds for the concerts, administrative papers, minutes of meetings, lists of board and executive members, contracts, and campaign reports.
This fonds consists of Peterborough Community Concert Association administrative and promotional material, correspondence, meeting agendas and minutes, budget reports, series programs, newspaper clippings, membership lists, newsletters, artist contracts, and other related material.
The fonds of the Peterborough Cricket Club consists of scorebooks of the club (G. Whitaker Company Cricket Club) 1937-1954; 1965, as well as photographs of players and matches. Also included are newspaper clippings and rule books. Amongst the cricketeers is Richard B. Rogers.
The Guillet papers are extraordinarily rich in photographs. Guillet (1898-1975) was born at Cobourg, Ontario and educated at the University of Toronto. He was the author of many books including Valley of the Trent, published in 1957. During the course of his research, Guillet collected photographs of local settlers and scenes, a few of which are reproduced here.
This collection consists of 33 lithographic print plates, mounted on wood, of photographic negatives of the fire brigade, Peterborough City Council (1925, 1933 and 1941), the waterworks, the first fire engine, and the Aylmer Street station. There are also print plates of photographic negatives of fires at various buildings in Peterborough including Quaker Oats, the Boston Cafe, the Salvation Army, and the Peterborough Canoe Company.
This fonds contains galley proofs, correspondence, art work, page proofs, boards for deluxe copy and cover, clippings, press releases and research data collected prior to the publication of the Peterborough Historical Atlas.
This fonds consists of correspondence, minutes, procedures and financial statements regarding the Peterborough Humane Society. There is also information regarding the relationship between the Society and the City and County of Peterborough and the Ontario Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. Also included in the fonds are plans for the shelter on Lansdowne Street.
The fonds consists of assorted documents related to Peterborough County, and the surrounding area. It includes: By-laws of North and South Monaghan townships, broadsides (sale of lands for taxes), numerous newspaper advertisements (commercial and political) and assorted postcards depicting area scenery. Also included are two photographs, one of Hon. Zaccheus Burnham, and the other, of Rev. Mark Burnham.
This item is a printed program for the opening ceremony of the Peterborough Centennial Museum on October 28, 1967. Participants in the opening ceremonies were Lt. Col. R.J. Bolton, Rev. D.E. Tansley, Mayor Jos. Behan, Carmen Metcalfe, Hugh Faulkner M.P., Walter Pitman, Magistrate W.R. Philp, A. Kraetzer-museum contractor, E.B. Zeidler-museum architect and Col. Hugh Wallis as the guest speaker.
This fonds is comprised of typescripts of newspaper articles from the Peterborough Weekly Despatch, the Peterborough Review and the Peterborough Examiner. The articles have been arranged chronologically under a number of subject headings by the donor.
This collection consists of 14 photograph negatives of Peterborough Normal School, undated, and portraying people and the grounds of the school. The negatives are enclosed in a J.J. Gilfillan, Orono, Ontario, photographer's envelope, with the name Calvin Hamm, Orono, Ontario written on it. Calvin Hamm was born on March 28, 1909 at Orono, son of Ernest Hamm and Florence Hughson. He was appointed Principal of the Morley Consolidated School at Stratton in September 1935 and received his B.A. at Western University in June 1943. He later taught high school in Fort Frances (taken from a typed information enclosure which accompanies the collection). Also included is a Peterborough Normal School Christmas Card, undated; a Peterborough Normal School Literary Society invitation, 1930; and a photograph of the "Floating Bridge, Bridgenorth, Chemong Lake, 1933."