Title and statement of responsibility area
Belmont municipal telephone system minute book
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on the contents of the item.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Belmont municipal telephone system
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Belmont Municipal Telephone System began operation in 1922 in Havelock, Belmont Township, Ontario. This new system preceeded the Bell Telephone Company and the Havelock-Cordova Telephone Company in Belmont Township. It served subscribers for 33 years. In 1953, the Bell Telephone Company entered into negotiations with the Belmont Municipal System to re-acquire the system.
This item was in the custody of the Peterborough Board of Education and donated, by Robert Taylor-Vaisey, to the Trent University Archives.
Scope and content
This item is a minute book of commissioners', subscribers' and annual and special meetings of the Belmont Municipal Telephone System, preceder to the Bell Telephone Company and the Havelock-Cordova Telephone Company.
Immediate source of acquisition
This item was donated by Robert Taylor-Vaisey via the Peterborough Board of Education.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access