Title and statement of responsibility area
Canadian Association in Support of Native Peoples fonds. Additions.
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Canadian Association in Support of Native Peoples
Physical description area
8.8 m of textual records.
133 photographs (mostly negatives).
32 drawings (some are photocopies of originals).
5 audio cassettes.
5 audio reels.
6 video reels.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Canadian Association in Support of Native Peoples is an association of natives and non-natives in support of natives. It was originally established in 1957 under the name of the National Commission on the Indian Canadian and was a non-native organization created to study the "Indian problem". The first chairman of the Commission was Mrs. W.H. Clark. By February 1958 it had become apparent that the problems of the native peoples were much more complex than first anticipated, and it was decided to involve aboriginal peoples in the Commission to help find viable solutions. In 1960, the Indian-Eskimo Association was incorporated, with Mrs. Clark as the first president. The I.E.A. had several functions which included encouraging native leaders to form organizations, fund-raising, organizing workshops to discuss native housing, community and economic development, and providing advice and support in legal matters. Also, provincial and regional divisions were created to help deal with specific native issues, not just native problems on a general level. By 1968, several national and provincial native organizations had been organized. In September of the same year, leaders of the native organizations met with representatives of the I.E.A. to discuss the future role of the Association. It was agreed that the native organizations still needed the I.E.A.'s support, but that they should begin to deal directly with governments, without the I.E.A. acting as the middleman. It was clear that the future of the I.E.A. was to provide only support and advice to the developing native organizations. In 1972, many of the recommendations made in 1968 had come into effect. The name was changed to the Canadian Association in Support of Native Peoples to reflect the new functions of the Association more accurately. At this time, regional offices of the Association were closed, and the head office moved from Toronto to Ottawa. The Association dissolved in 2015.
The fonds was created by and in the custody of the Canadian Association in Support of Native Peoples until it was donated to the Trent University Archives.
Scope and content
This addition to the fonds consists of Board minutes, briefs, correspondence, subject files, press clippings, periodicals and various other assorted records pertaining to the Canadian Association in Support of Native Peoples. The bulk of the fonds consists of correspondence, reports, minutes and photographs created by CASNP and its members and associated agencies. Please refer to the finding aid for a detailed listing of records located within this fonds.
Immediate source of acquisition
The fonds was donated by The Canadian Association in Support of Native Peoples.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script note
Some of the records are in French.
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
The contents of Box 2 Folder 13, and Boxes 7,8,9 and 38 are restricted until 2066.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
This fonds, along with 77-018 and 94-009, is an addition to 75-015.
For related records see: 78-003, 81-018, 91-010, 95-005, 95-006, and 95-019.
Series A: Administration (Boxes 1-10)
Series B: Finance (Boxes 11-14)
Series C: Government (Boxes 15-16)
Series D: Organizations (Boxes 17-25)
Series E: Programs (Boxes 26-35)
Series F: Subjects (Boxes 36-40)
Series A: Administration
Administration - Indian and Eskimo Association (IEA)
- Annual Meetings – IEA, 1968-1972; Correspondence, Minutes, Reports.
- Annual Meetings – IEA, 1961-1967; Correspondence, Minutes, Reports.
- Bound Volume: Minutes - IEA - Board Meetings, 29 January 1960 – 1 November 1962.
- By-laws – IEA – 1959-1967.
- Letters Patent, 1959-1974; Issued by Department of Consumer and Corporate Affairs with Supplementary Letters Patent.
- Documentation - IEA - Board of Directors, 1971-1972; Meeting, 14-16 January, 1972. Correspondence, internal memos and documents pertaining to the finances and name change of the Indian-Eskimo Association; includes a letter to Prime Minister Trudeau and a speech by George Manuel, The National Indian Brotherhood and a National Policy by Indian People.
- Minutes - IEA - Board of Directors, 31 October 1962 – 9 June 1972.
- Minutes - IEA - Board of Directors and Executive Committee, Alberta Division, 21 January 1967 – 15 May 1971.
- Minutes - IEA - Board of Directors, Ontario Division, 20 November 1964 – 5 December 1969; includes: reports and by-laws [n.d.].
- Minutes - IEA - Executive Committee, 6 April 1960 – 23 December 1965.
- Minutes - IEA - Executive Committee, 2 January 1966 – 29 December 1969.
- Minutes - IEA - Executive Committee, 8 January 1970 – 10 July 1972.
- Minutes - IEA - Executive Committee, Ontario Division, 17 April 1963 – 13 December 1966.
- Minutes - IEA - Executive Committee, Ontario Division, 10 January 1967 – 15 January 1969.
- Minutes - IEA - Citizens’ Support Committee, 1972; includes reports of the Citizens’ Support Committee (author is Trent Alum, Patrick Walshe); correspondence, radio script, Indians and the Law.
- Minutes - IEA - Northern Service Committee,  - 1962.
- Minutes - IEA - Northwest Territories Division, 1967 – 1971; By-laws, Correspondence.
- RESTRICTED Minutes - IEA - Personnel Committee, 1961-1970; Correspondence; Personnel Manual; Job Descriptions.
Administration - Canadian Association in Support of Native People (CASNP)
- Annual Reports – CASNP, 1975-1978; Correspondence; Notes.
- Minutes - CASNP - Annual General Meetings, 10 June 1972 – 11 September 1976.
- Correspondence - CASNP - Annual General Meeting, 1973.
- Documentation - CASNP - Annual General Meeting, 1973.
- Registration - CASNP - Annual General Meeting, 1973.
- Correspondence - CASNP - Annual General Meeting, 1974.
- Documentation - CASNP - Annual General Meeting, 1974.
- Registration - CASNP - Annual General Meeting, 1974.
- Audio-tapes - CASNP - Annual General Meeting, 13 September 1975.
- Correspondence - CASNP - Annual General Meeting, 13 September 1975.
- Registration - CASNP - Annual General Meeting, 13 September 1975.
- Correspondence - CASNP - Annual General Meeting, 11 September 1976.
- Documentation - CASNP - Annual General Meeting, 11 September 1976; includes clipping, media package for The Newcomers: inhabiting a new land, television series produced by Imperial Oil.
- Correspondence - CASNP - Annual General Meeting, 10 September 1977.
- Correspondence and Documentation - CASNP - Annual General Meeting, 16 September 1978.
- Invitations and replies - CASNP - Annual General Meeting, , 16 September 1978.
- Minutes - CASNP - Executive Committee, June 11, 1972 - December 1, 1973.
- Minutes - CASNP - Executive Committee, February 6, 1974 – 18 November, 1977.
- Minutes - CASNP - Executive Committee, 1 February, 1978 – 17 March 1979.
- Documentation - CASNP - Executive Committee, December 8, 1972.
- Documentation - CASNP - Executive Committee, March 2, 1973.
- Documentation - CASNP - Executive Committee, May 11, 1973.
- Documentation - CASNP - Executive Committee, June, 22, 1973.
- Documentation - CASNP - Executive Committee, September 14, 1973.
- Documentation - CASNP - Executive Committee, October 12, 1973.
- Documentation - CASNP - Executive Committee, December 1, 1973.
- Documentation - CASNP - Executive Committee, February 6, 1974.
- Documentation - CASNP - Executive Committee, May 21, 1974.
- Documentation - CASNP - Executive Committee, August 28, 1974; “The Northerners”, June 1974 (English, French and Inuit).
- Documentation - CASNP - Executive Committee, November 29, 1974.
- Documentation - CASNP - Executive Committee, February 28, 1975.
- Documentation - CASNP - Executive Committee, April 22, 1975.
- Documentation – CASNP – Executive Committee June 1975
- By-law Committee - 1969-1974
- Communications Committee, 1974-1978; Correspondence.
- Constitution Committee Correspondence – November 1978 + February 1979
- Legal Committee Correspondence – May + June 1972
- Nominating Committee - CASNP - 1972-1974; Correspondence, reports, minutes.
- Nominating Committee - CASNP - 1976-1977; Correspondence, reports, minutes.
- Personnel Committee – CASNP – 1978; Correspondence, job descriptions.
- Political Action Committee – CASNP – 1974; Contact list, newsletter copy.
- Minutes - CASNP - Board of Directors, 11 June 1972 – 14 September 1973.
- Minutes - CASNP - Board of Directors, 16 September 1973 – 12 September 1975.
- Minutes - CASNP - Board of Directors, 14 September 1975 – 4 November 1978.
- Documentation - CASNP - Board of Directors, 13-15 October 1972.
- Documentation - CASNP - Board of Directors, 18-21 January 1973.
- Documentation - CASNP - Board of Directors, 14-15 April 1973.
- Documentation - CASNP - Board of Directors, June 23, 1973.
- Documentation - CASNP - Board of Directors, September 14-15, 1973.
- Documentation - CASNP - Board of Directors, December 2, 1973.
- Documentation - CASNP - Board of Directors, April 27-28, 1974.
- Documentation - CASNP - Board of Directors, November 22-23, 1975.
- Documentation - CASNP - Board of Directors, February 21-22, 1976.
- Documentation - CASNP - Board of Directors, July 7, 1976.
- Documentation - CASNP - Board of Directors, 9-11 September 1977.
- Documentation - CASNP - Board of Directors, 16 April 1978 (Tentative Agenda).
- Documentation - CASNP - Board of Directors, 17 June 1978 (Tentative Agenda).
- Documentation - CASNP - Board of Directors, 15 September 1978.
- Documentation - CASNP - Board of Directors, 3 November 1978.
- Correspondence - CASNP - Board of Directors, 1971 – 1972.
- Correspondence - CASNP - Board of Directors, 1973.
- Correspondence - CASNP - Board of Directors, 1974.
- Correspondence - CASNP - Board of Directors, 1975-1976.
- Correspondence - CASNP - Board of Directors, 1977-1978.
PERSONNEL: Executive Directors
- Diane MacKay, 1974-1976; Correspondence.
- G. Allen Clark, 1970-1972; Duran - Correspondence.
- G. Allen Clark, 1972; v.1 Correspondence; Notes: The Surcharge, Effects and Sidelights, for Mr. R. N. Thompson.
- G. Allen Clark, 1972; v.2 Correspondence; Reports to Board of Directors.
- G. Allen Clark, 1972; v.3 Correspondence; Clippings; Press Releases; Reports.
- Joanne Hoople, 1974 - 1978; Correspondence, postcards, background papers, reports, proposals, newspaper clippings.
- John Gasson, 1972-1973; Correspondence.
- Applications for position of Executive Director, 1976.
- Correspondence - Past Directors, 1975-1977.
- Clare Clark (Mrs. W.N.), 1971-1972; Correspondence.
- John McCamus, 1978; Correspondence and memos; paper on Native Employment Coordinators' Workshop, March 1978.
- Terry Meagher, 1976-1977; Correspondence.
- T. H. B. Symons, 1972; Correspondence.
- T. H. B. Symons, 1973; Correspondence - January - June 1973.
- T. H. B. Symons, 1973; Correspondence - July - December 1973.
- T. H. B. Symons, 1974; Correspondence.
- T. H. B. Symons, 1975; Correspondence.
- T. H. B. Symons, 1972-1973; Miscellaneous.
- Interoffice Memos, 1974-1978.
- Kay Sigurjonsson, 1973-1976; Correspondence.
- Magda Seydegart, 1977-1978; Correspondence.
- Memos to Ottawa Staff, 1977-1978
- Miscellaneous Toronto Office Correspondence, 1972-1974.
- Office Admin/Staff Development, 1977-1978; Correspondence and seminar brochures.
- Personnel, 1976-1978; Correspondence, clippings.
- Personnel, 1973-1975; Correspondence.
- Summer Employment – New Brunswick, 1974; Correspondence and documentation regarding a Secretary of State “Students in Community Service” grant program enabling membership recruitment.
- Summer Employment – Quebec, 1974; Correspondence and documentation regarding a Secretary of State “Students in Community Service” grant program enabling membership recruitment.
- Summer Employment – Saskatchewan, 1974; Correspondence and documentation regarding a Secretary of State “Students in Community Service” grant program enabling membership recruitment.
- Summer Employment, 1978; Correspondence concerning research and fact sheets.
- Administration – General, 1974-1977; Correspondence, policy documents.
- Complaints - Bilingualism, 1973; Correspondence, newsletter item.
- Complaints about CASNP, 1977; Correspondence about organization and funding of CASNP.
- Complaints from CASNP, 1973-1975; Correspondence.
- Correspondence - Don Todd, 1978; Aeronautical studies.
- French correspondence – General, 1976.
- Jay Peterson Donations, 1976-1978; Correspondence in memory of Jessie (Jay) Peterson of London, Ontario.
- Letters of Support, 1976-1978; Correspondence.
- Lists of Former SNP Board Members, 1964-65, 1978-79.
- Members of Parliament, 1972-76; Correspondence; Official list of Members; notes for a speech by Lincoln Alexander to the First Annual General Assembly of the Native Council of Canada.
- Miscellaneous ,1973-1978; Correspondence; Articles; Questionnaires.
- Native People’s Caravan, 1974-1975; Correspondence, clippings, press releases.
- Native Peoples' Concert Tour, 1975; Correspondence, description and proposed budget.
- Political Support re: Game Laws in the North, 1973-1974; Correspondence between T. H. B. Symons and Jean Chrétien; brief to the Federal Government in respect to disallowance of Game Legislation of the Northwest Territories.
- Requests for Support, 1973-1978; Correspondence requesting CASNP support of various projects and groups.
- Strathmere re: workshops, 1975; Program outlines and correspondence.
- Support, Canadian Rights for Native Women Conference, 1974; Correspondence, and grant application forms.
- Trent University - Archives, 1971-1978; Correspondence re: CASNP donation of archival material.
- Wally Firth (MP), 1972-1977; House of Commons debates, notes for a speech, transcript of Peter Ward's news comment, Newsletters. Series B – Finance
Loose on Shelf - Bound Volume, 1962–1965; Cash Receipts.
Loose on Shelf – Bound Volume, 1971; Accounts Receivable and Payable Ledger.
- Bound Volume, January 1968–; Cash Receipts.
- Bound Volume, 1967–1968; C/D.
- Bound Volume, 1965–1968; P/R.
- Bound Volume, 1968–; P/R.
- Accounts Receivable, August 1967–March 1971.
- Balance Sheets, 1970-1971.
- Bank Reconciliation and Trial Balances, 1969-1972.
- Budget Preparation, 1964-1968.
- Cash Flow, 1971-1972; Working Papers.
- Financial Ledger Sheets, 1968-1969.
- Financial Position, 1969-1972; Weekly.
- Financial Statements, 1960-1968; Monthly.
- Financial Statements, 1969; Monthly.
- Financial Statements, 1970; Monthly.
- Financial Statements, 1971-1972; Monthly.
- Financial Statements, 1969-1970; Monthly, Legal Research Project.
- Financial Statements; 1972-1973, CASNP.
- General Ledger, 1971-1972; A/C Analyses.
- General Ledger, 1972.
- WP’s for 31 December 1971 F/S - 31 January 1972 F/S.
Finance - Aircraft
- ACI Flyer (Aircraft Buying Guide), 1973.
- Aircraft Directives I, 1972-1973; correspondence from Transport Canada.
- Aircraft Directives II, 1973; correspondence and notices from Transport Canada.
- The Canadian Aircraft Operator (Newspaper), 1973.
- General Correspondence, 1971.
- General Correspondence, 1972.
- General Correspondence, 1973.
- General Correspondence, 1974.
- General Correspondence, 1975.
Finance - Grants, Loans, Contributions
- Appeals and Donations - Organization and Corporation, 1968-1972; Correspondence.
- Charitable Donations Number, 1972-1973; Government income tax regulations; 3. Correspondence re: change in name from IEA to CASNP.
- Complimentary Air Transportation, 1967-1969; Correspondence.
- Corporations, 1973-1974; Correspondence re: donations.
- Federal Grants - General, 1972-1978; Correspondence, documentation.
- Federal Grants - Summer Students, 1974; Correspondence, documentation.
- Federal Grants - Summer Students, 1975; Correspondence, documentation.
- Federal Grants - Summer Students, 1976; Correspondence, documentation.
- Federal Grants - Sustaining, 1970-1971; Correspondence.
- Funding General, 1975-1978; Parks Canada Undergraduate Scholarship for Registered Indians and Inuit people; Correspondence; related financials.
- Fund raising letters, 1977; Form letters.
- Individual Donations, 1969-1971; Correspondence, clippings, Foundation for Aboriginal Affairs (Australia).
- Miles for Millions - General, 1968-1973; Correspondence, publicity, newspaper clippings; proposal for National Structure for "Miles for Millions" in Canada, n.d.
- Miles for Millions - Hamilton, 1969-1973; Correspondence; Financial statement; list of members of Hamilton Academy of Medicine Ladies Auxiliary, 1969-1972.
- Miles for Millions - Ottawa, 1968-1974; Correspondence; clippings, financial statement.
- Miles for Millions - Toronto, 1972-1973; Correspondence, publicity.
- Ontario Native Development Fund - Board of Trustees, 1969-1972; Meeting minutes and documents.
- Ontario Natives Development Fund (ONDF), 1968-1976; Financials.
- Ontario Natives Development Fund (ONDF), 1969-1972; Correspondence; meeting documentation.
- Provincial Grants - Alberta, 1963-1972; Correspondence.
- Provincial Grants - British Columbia, 1960-1969; Correspondence.
- Provincial Grants - Manitoba, 1969; Correspondence.
- Provincial Grants - Newfoundland; 1962-1965; Correspondence.
- Provincial Grants – Nova Scotia, 1972-1973; Correspondence.
- Provincial Grants - Ontario, 1972; Correspondence.
- Provincial Grants - Quebec, 1965; Correspondence.
- Provincial Grants - Saskatchewan, 1961-1970; Correspondence.
- Shaker Foundation, 1974; Correspondence.
Finance – Staff
- Benefits, 1971; Correspondence.
- Pension Plan, 1963-1973; Correspondence documents.
Series C: Government
Government - Federal
- Advisory Council on the Status of Women, 1973-1976; Reports: “Indian Women and the Law in Canada: Citizens Minus”, “Indian Women and the Indian Act”; meeting minutes; press releases; kit, “Sharing the Power”.
- Canada Council, 1972-1977; Correspondence.
- Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC), 1972-1974; Correspondence, Northern Service programming, Program Source Directory, Spring 1973. Community Radio in Canada Survey, 1974.
- Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), 1978; Correspondence; report on Armando Rojas Smith’s visit to Canada.
- Central Mortgage and Housing Corporation, 1972-1976; Correspondence re: Living Places Seminar on New National Housing Act Programs, Sept. 1973; Introduction to the “Chetwynd” film and presentation of four case histories; Summary of Native Housing Activity, 1970-1972; description of the Winter Warmth program.
- Commission on Indian Claims, 1972-1975; Correspondence; Committee of the Privy Council Terms of Reference from a meeting on December 19, 1969.
- Consumer and Corporate Affairs, 1973 - 1977; Correspondence.
- Employment and Immigration - Canada Works, 1978; Correspondence; application forms.
- Employment and Immigration - Young Canada Works Program, 1978; Correspondence; student evaluations, Employment and Immigration Agreement, applications forms.
- Environment Canada, 1973-1977; Correspondence; background information on arsenic emissions and Oil Export Criteria Hearings; notes for a speech by Hon. Jeanne Sauvé to First Biennial Conference on French Canada; speech by Dr. Rene Dubos "Humanizing the Earth".
- External Affairs and National Defence, 1976-1977; Correspondence; Report to Parliament from Standing Committee on External Affairs and National Defence on International Development, April 1976.
- Health and Welfare, 1973-1977; Correspondence; copies of newspaper clippings.
- Indian and Northern Affairs, 1971-1978; Correspondence; Brief to the Panel of Public Enquiry into Northern Hydro Development by DIANA, media and publications lists; The Indian and Eskimo Affairs Program Budget; Relationship Review between the Federal Government and Status Indians, 1976; Paper on Indian Reserve Lands; speech "The Unfinished Tapestry - Indian Policy in Canada" by Hon. Jean Chretien; Statement by Hon. J. Chretien on Claims of Indians and Inuit People.
- Indian and Northern Affairs - Publications, [1972-1974]; Includes “Indians of Yukon and N.W.T.”, “Indians of Quebec and the Maritime Provinces”; extensive resource material on Eskimos of Canada and their art; publication lists.
- Justice Department, 1974; Speech by Mr. R. Sampat-Mehta; Report on Two Conferences about the Law in New Brunswick.
- Justice Department, 1977-1978; Correspondence; Proposal for Legislative Reviewer.
- Justice Department, 1979; Summer Student program.
- Labour Department, 1972-1977; Correspondence; newsletters, “Women at Work”, v.2 no. 1 and v.2 no. 4.
- Liberal Party of Canada, 1975; Correspondence.
- Manpower and Immigration, 1972- 1977; Correspondence; Paper on “Community Employment Strategy”: A Model for Kenora-Rainy River Riding”; booklet “The Small Business Management Course”, developed to train Native people.
- Manpower and Immigration - Local Initiatives Program, 1971-1972; Correspondence; funding reports.
- Manpower and Immigration, 1974 - October 1975; Task Force on Manpower Services to Native People, documents, correspondence.
- Manpower and Immigration, November 1975 - 1976; Task Force on Manpower Services to Native People, documents, correspondence.
- Manpower and Immigration, 1975; Task Force on Manpower Services to Native People, reports.
- Multiculturalism, Ministry of, 1975; Correspondence.
- New Democratic Party, 1975, 1977; Correspondence.
- Progressive Conservative Party, 1975-1978; Correspondence.
- Public Archives of Canada, 1973; Correspondence.
- Public Service Canada, 1972-1977; Correspondence; information kit from Office of Native Employment, poster; Personnel documents for hiring of Director, Native Citizens, Secretary of State, 1974.
- Public Works Canada, 1977; Correspondence.
- Science Council of Canada, 1975-1977; Correspondence; documents, Policies & Poisons Seminar, papers on environment issues.
- Secretary of State - General, 1973-1978; Correspondence; various funding proposals; brochures, clippings; photo of Hugh Faulkner.
- Secretary of State – Student/Summer Program, 1977-1978, Correspondence, reports, documentation.
- Secretary of State – Student/Summer Program, 1978-1979, Correspondence, documentation, relating to resources for Natives in British Columbia.
- Secretary of State – Student Programs, Opportunities for Youth, 1973; Memo and guidelines.
- Secretary of State - Travel and Exchange Program, 1971-1972; Correspondence; Final Report to Travel and Exchange division, 1971.
- Senate, 1972, 1977; Correspondence.
- Solicitor General, 1975-1978; Correspondence; “Presentation to the Task Force on the Role of Social Agencies in the Criminal Justice System”, December 3, 1976; various issues of “Liaison: a monthly newsletter for the Criminal Justice System.
- Solicitor General - Canadian Penitentiary Services, 1974-1976; Correspondence; organizational charts, relating to Native Brotherhoods.
Government - Provincial
- Alberta - Department of Northern Development, 1972; Correspondence.
- British Columbia - British Columbia Human Rights Commission, 1977; Correspondence.
- Manitoba - Ministry of Health and Social Development, 1974; Correspondence.
- Northwest Territories, 1972-1977; Correspondence re: Arctic Gas Pipeline; Workmen’s Compensation Board of Inquiry, Population density chart [n.d.].
- Nova Scotia - Human Rights Commission, 1976; Correspondence and newspaper clipping re: “Bended Elbow”.
- Ontario - Community and Social Services, Ministry of, 1973-1976; Correspondence; Questionnaire.
- Ontario - Community and Social Services, Ministry of, 1973-1974; Correspondence; draft proposal to the Indian Community Branch.
- Ontario - General, 1973-1974; Correspondence.
- Ontario - Correctional Services, Ministry of, 1975; Report on Programs for Native Offenders in Ontario.
- Ontario – Culture and Recreation, Ministry of, 1976-1977; Correspondence.
- Ontario - Human Rights Commission, 1973-1978; Correspondence, Chapter of "Scenes and Lives of New France" reviewed and commented upon.
- Ontario - Labour, Ministry of, 1972-1978; Correspondence; material relating to the Women’s bureau; some items in Cree.
- Ontario New Democratic Party 1976
- Ontario - Royal Commission on the Northern Environment, 1977-1978; Information kit; Submissions to the Hartt inquiry; Summary of Recommendations.
- Ontario - Royal Commission on Violence, 1975-1976; CASNP Brief to the Royal Commission on Violence in the Communications Industry; Correspondence, news release, pamphlet on Royal Commission naming Scott Young, Lucien Beaulieu and Judy LaMarsh as members
- Ontario - Task force on Legal Aid, 1974; Correspondence.
- Saskatchewan - General, 1972-1976; Correspondence.
- Yukon - General, 1977-1978; Correspondence, chiefly with Eleanor Millard, MLA and the struggle to establish a chapter in the Yukon.
Series D: Organizations
- Canadian Organizations - General, 1968-1978; Correspondence; information booklets; reports; newsletters; conference notes; newspaper clippings.
- Addiction Research Foundation, 1973-1978; Correspondence, ARF and Canadian Addictions Foundation publications.
- Arctic Institute of North America, 1972-1974; Correspondence; Annual report.
- Canadian Association of Elizabeth Fry Societies, 1977-1978; Correspondence; report.
- Canadian Coalition for Development, 1972-1975; Correspondence; Assembly minutes and documentation.
- Canadian Council for International Cooperation, 1976; Correspondence; reports, briefs, newsletters, meeting minutes.
- Canadian Council for International Cooperation, 1977; Correspondence; reports, briefs, newsletters, meeting minutes.
- Canadian Council for International Cooperation, 1978; Correspondence; reports, briefs, newsletters, meeting minutes.
- Canadian Council on Social Development, 1972-1974; Correspondence, newsletters, conference documents; “A Comparative Study of the Systems of personal social services in Canada & selected other countries and implication for Canada social policies”.
- Canadian Council on Social Development, 1975-1977; Correspondence, newsletters, conference documents; “Staff submission to Minister of Health and Welfare, Canada and provincial ministers of welfare on proposed new Personal Social Services Legislation”; draft comments on “The Proposed Federal Personal Social Services Act”, “Aboriginal Rights statement and background paper”.
- Canadian Federation of Civil Liberties and Human Rights Associations - General, 1975-1978; Correspondence; news clippings; minutes of meetings and reports.
- Canadian Federation of Civil Liberties - Publications
- Canadian Foundation on Alcohol and Drug Dependencies, 1974-1977; Correspondence; newsletters, supplements and reports.
- Canadian Institute of International Affairs, 1974; Correspondence; World Population Conference papers.
- Canadian Labour Congress, 1971-1978; Correspondence, CLC campaign against unemployment, n.d., “Report of the Conference on Jobs and the Environment”.
- Canadian Mental Health Association, 1973-1975; CMHA publications.
- Canadian Save the Children Fund, 1973-1976; Correspondence, annual report.
- Central Volunteer Bureau, 1976-1978; Correspondence, workshop documentation.
- Circus, 1975-1976; Press release and Newsletters.
- Civil Liberties Association (National Capital Region), 1973-1978; Correspondence; meeting notes.
- Committee for an Independent Canada, 1973-1976; The Independencer, v.3, nos. 1 & 4, v.5, no.2; correspondence.
- Family Planning Federation of Canada, 1974-1975; Bulletin, v.2, nos. 1 and 3.
23a. Girl Guides of Canada, 1973-1977; Correspondence.
23b. Humanist Association of Canada, 1974; Correspondence re: Resolution for the Protection of Native Rights.
- Institute of Association Executives, 1975, 1977; Correspondence.
- Jewish Labour Committee of Canada (JLCC), 1975-1976; Correspondence; Bulletin, v.1, no.3, v.2, no.2-3; Submission by JLCC to the Mackenzie Valley Pipeline Inquiry, June 1976.
- John Howard Society, 1973-1977; Newsletters, Community Education Series 1, nos. 1, 4-5.
- Man and Resources, 1972-1974; Correspondence; conference documents; newspaper clippings; “Resources”, Bulletin of the Man and Resources Conference Programme - v.2, nos. 2, 4, 6, 7, 8.
- National Action Committee on the Status of Women (NAC), 1978-1979; Policy recommendations; Rules of Association; Status of Women News; NAC Memo - criminal code amendments.
- National Anti-Poverty Organization (NAPO), 1972-1976; Publications, "Unite & Fight Today for a New Tomorrow!", "Toward a Guaranteed Income for Canadians", “A New Tomorrow for Canada's Province?” Correspondence and Meeting minutes.
- National Anti-Poverty Organization - NAPO-INFO, 1975-1977; Organization newspaper, various issues.
- National Council on Welfare, 1974-1975; Bulletin of Canadian Welfare Law - v.3, no.1; publication list, correspondence.
- National Council of Women of Canada (NCWC), 1972-1977; Correspondence; Minutes; Documentation; Newsletters.
- National Voluntary Organization, 1974 - 1979; Correspondence; NVO documents; Bulletin, v.1, nos. 1-4; conference papers.
- Ontario Anti-Poverty Organization, 1972-1975; Correspondence; OAPO publications, "The Case for Universal Day Care", “Towards a Guaranteed Annual Adequate Income”.
- Ontario Federation of Labour, 1972-1977; Correspondence; Statement of Human Rights to 19th Annual Convention.
- Ontario Public Interest Research Groups, 1977; Correspondence, pamphlet, newspaper.
- Operation Beaver, 1972-1976; Correspondence, Newsletters, Reports, Information sheets.
- Ottawa Citizenship Council, 1972-1974; Ethnic Groups Directory and reports on services.
- Oxfam - Canada, 1972-1975; Correspondence, Newsletters, Statement on Population Growth and Social Development.
- The Social Planning and Research Council of BC (SPARC BC), 1978; Correspondence and follow-up to The Provincial Institute.
- Social Science Research Council of Canada (SSRCC), 1972-1973; Correspondence; News bulletin, "Social Sciences in Canada", v.1, no.4, v.2, no.1.
- UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization), 1972-1976; Correspondence; occasional papers, minutes; reports.
MISSING: 12. United Nations Association in Canada, 1973-1977; Correspondence; Minutes; Booklets "International Covenants on Human Rights"; "Ratification! Why? Why Not?", “Alethis”, v.1, nos.2, 4.
- Vanier Institute of the Family, 1972-1973; correspondence; brochure for 9th Annual Meeting, “Reflections of the Family”.
- Voice of Women, 1966, 1977; Correspondence.
15a. Women’s Ctte. – Civil Liberties Assn. (National Capital Region)
15b. Women’s Groups and Organizations – General, 1965-1978.
- Women’s Universe Galleria, 1973; Correspondence.
- YMCA – Young Men’s Christian Association of Canada, 1974-1976; Correspondence; Geneva Park Conference Centre documentation.
- YWCA - Young Women's Christian Association of Canada, 1964-1973; Correspondence; programming, minutes.
- Anglican Church of Canada, 1973-1978; Correspondence; 1976 Anglican Year Book; Newspaper clippings.
- Baptist Convention of Ontario and Quebec, 1972-1976; Correspondence.
- Canadian Catholic Conference, 1976; Bulletin re: off- shore drilling in Beaufort Sea.
- Canadian Council of Christians and Jews, 1974-1977; Correspondence; “Special Project: Indian Awareness - Post-Secondary Education”, Conference Report.
- Canadian Council of Churches, 1975; Correspondence.
- Canadian Friends Service Committee (Religious Society of Friends, Quakers), 1972-1974; Correspondence; Statement to the Canadian Government on Native People of Canada; Minutes; Press release.
- Canadian Interchurch Project on Population, 1974.
- Catholic Church: Paper on As Issue of Justice, n.d.
- Inter-Church Committee for World Development Education; 1975-1976; Correspondence; Folder with booklets & papers including "The Impact of Development upon the Native Peoples of Canada & Brazil"
- Mennonite Central Committee (Canada), 1972-1977; Correspondence.
- National Council of Jewish Women of Canada, 1974; Correspondence.
- PLURA – Inter-Church Assn. to Promote Social Justice in Canada
- Presbyterian Church in Canada, 1973-1974; Correspondence.
- Student Christian Movement of Canada - General, 1976; Information on SCM's conference.
- United Church of Canada, 1972-1977; Correspondence.
- United Church of Canada, 1966-1971; Correspondence.
- United Church of Canada, 1964-1965; Correspondence.
- United Church of Canada, 1957-1963; Correspondence.
- World Council of Churches: 1967-1971; Participants - consultation on racism; Socialist Standard, May 1969; World Encounter, April 1969.
- Educational Institutions - General, 1962-1977; correspondence; brochures.
- Alberta, University of - 1964-1971; correspondence.
- Brandon University, 1968-1969; correspondence.
- British Columbia, University of - 1964-1970; correspondence.
- Calgary, University of - 1968-1978; correspondence, conference brochure.
- Carleton University, 1965-1975; correspondence, brochure.
- Guelph, University of - 1965-1967; correspondence.
- Lakehead University, 1966-1969; correspondence.
- Laval, Universitė - 1966; correspondence.
- Manitoba, University of - 1964-1973; correspondence.
- McGill University, 1964-1970; correspondence.
- Memorial University, 1966-1969; correspondence.
- Montreal, Universitė de - 1964-1966; correspondence in French and English.
- Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE), 1972-1975; newsletters, brochure.
- Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE),1976-1977; National Community Development Conference.
- Ottawa, University of - 1964-1976; correspondence.
17a. Queen’s International Resource Centre
17b. Queen's University, 1965-1974; correspondence.
- Regina, University of - Saskatchewan Indian Federated College, 1977; calendar.
- Rochdale College, 1966; catalogue and information of the Institute for Indian Studies.
- St. Mary's University - International Education Centre, 1975-1976; newsletters.
- Saskatchewan, University of - 1965-1971; correspondence, The Northian, Nov. 1964, summer session calendar.
- Saskatchewan, University of - Institute of Northern Studies, 1964-1974; correspondence, publications list, pamphlet on Arctic Research and training Centre, Annual Reports, 1963- 1964 and 1965-1966.
- Simon Fraser University, 1965-1969; correspondence.
- Sir George Williams University, 1971; correspondence, materials on 1969 Community Development Workshop.
- State of Maine Department of Education, 1971-1972; Hinckley Correspondence.
- Toronto, University of, 1964-1972; correspondence.
- Trent University, 1965-1974; brochures, correspondence, press releases and reports; including material specific to Trent's Native Studies program.
- Trent University - Archives, 1978; correspondence.
- Trinity College, 1964-1966, 1974; correspondence; convocation bulletin.
- Victoria, University of, 1964-1972; correspondence.
- Waterloo, University of, 1967-1971, 1978; correspondence, seminar outlines.
- Waterloo Lutheran University, 1965; correspondence.
- Western Ontario, University of, 1965-1977; correspondence; report concerning the Western Indian Business Assistance Program.
- Western Cooperative College, 1964-1965; correspondence.
- Windsor, University of, 1964-1970; correspondence.
- Yeshiva University - Ferkauf Graduate of Education Project, 1965-1967; correspondence, IRCD Bulletins.
- York University, 1965-1971; correspondence, newsletters.
- Canadian Association for Adult Education, 1975-1977; Correspondence, newsletters, CAAE Annual Report 1974/1975.
- Canadian Association for Adult Education, 1972-1974; Correspondence, newsletters, Annual Report 1972/1973, booklet “A Summary and critique of various reports on post- secondary education in Canada, 1969- 1973+” by Alan M. Thomas.
- Canadian Bureau for International Education, 1975; Directory, "Volunteer Canada".
- Canadian Education Association, 1972; CEA Handbook application.
- Canadian Federation of University Women, 1972-1974; Correspondence, Bulletins, v.20, nos. 2, 4; Emergency Resolutions re: the Nationality of Indian Women.
- Canadian Society for the Study of Higher Education, 1973-1975; Correspondence; Newsletter.
- Canadian Teacher’s Federation, 1972-1978; Correspondence.
- Chimo Friendship Foundation, 1976; Newspaper clipping re: Ontario Medical Wives Association.
- Commission on Canadian Studies, 1972-1973; Correspondence; pamphlet; newspaper clipping from Globe & Mail, Feb. 14, 1973.
MISSING: 47. Corporate Action Research Project, 1976; “We stand on guard for whom? a study of corporate control over resources in the N.W.T. and Brazil; folder includes material about the Mackenzie Valley Pipeline.
- CUSO/SUCO, 1975-1976; various informational brochures and newsletters in either French or English.
- Federation of Women Teachers' Association of Ontario, 1975, 1977; Correspondence.
- Frontier College, 1972-1977; Correspondence, pamphlets and Annual Report.
- Indian Advisory Education Council, 1974-1975; Correspondence.
MISSING: International Education Centre, St. Mary's University, 1975-1976; International Education Centre Newsletters, nos. [1-2], 3-5, 17.
- Ontario Educational Communications Authority, 1973; Promotional brochures re: Simulation workshops.
MISSING: 53. Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, 1972-1975; OISE Publications.
- Ottawa Hull Learner Centre Newsletter, 1978; Correspondence.
- University Women’s Clubs, 1964-1966; Correspondence.
- World University Service Canada (WUSC), 1969-1978; Correspondence
Energy, Action, Ecological, Environmental Organizations
- Action Bell Canada, 1973-1975; Citizen’s committee protesting Bell Canada's application for price increases.
- Canadian Arctic Resources Committee (CARC), 1972-1977; Correspondence; Conference papers - “Problems of optimal management of Arctic oil and Gas”, "Canada's Petroleum Leasing Policy, A Cornucopia for Whom?", "Statement on Guidelines for Northern Pipelines", "People and the North: Motivations, Objectives & Approach of the Canadian Arctic Resources Committee "; Newsletter "Northern Perspectives", v.1, no.7; v.2, no.2; v.3, nos. 2 & 4.
- Canadian Nature Federation, 1973-1976; Correspondence, Canadian Conservation Directory, 1973.
- Canadian Wildlife Federation - General Correspondence; 1975-1976; Correspondence, “Ottawa Report”, Feb. 1975, CWF Booklets "Endangered Wildlife in Canada", "People and Wildlife".
- Energy, Action, Ecological, Environmental Organizations - Miscellaneous, 1973-1977; Fellowship of the Arctic; Institute for Bioregional Research; Manitoba Naturalists Society; O.C.A.P.; P.O.P.; Participation in Energy Policy “Energy Handbook”.
- Manitoba Churchill - Nelson River Diversion Scheme (1), 1970 -1975; Correspondence; Speeches from Chief Walter Monias (Cross Lake), Chief Rodney Spence (Nelson House) and Henry Spence to Hon. Jean Chrétien; Reports, resolutions, protests, agreements re: Lake Winnipeg, Churchill, Nelson Rivers.
- Manitoba Churchill - Nelson River Diversion Scheme (2), [1973-1975]; Newspapers and clippings.
- National Energy Policies, 1972-1973; Paper no.7 "Some National Economic Effects of Northern Energy Developments" by John Helliwell & others; Draft Report on "The Evaluation of the Impact on National Economy of a Northern Canadian Gas Pipeline" by Economic Impact Committee - Task Force on Northern Oil Development; Paper John Helliwell "More on the National Economic Effects of Arctic Energy Developments".
- Nelson River Development, 1971-1974; Correspondence with Sidney Green, Minister of Mines, Resources and Environment and supporting documents.
- Pollution Probe, 1972-1976; Memos, Press Releases, Action Kits, Briefs, Reports, "Proposing Establishment of a Public Interest Energy Group" and "Oil Export Criteria Hearings", as submitted to the National Energy Board; Background Statement on the Arctic, April 1972. Special Arctic Report #2 "The Mackenzie Valley Highway".
- Proposed Energy Coalition, 1972-1973; Memorandum on Energy Coalition; Index to Canadian Citizens' Environmental Groups; Draft Proposal for a Coalition Around Energy Issues by CASNP.
- Saskatoon Environmental Society, 1972-1974; Correspondence, “Probe” February 1974, no. 39; Position paper “The Future Care and Maintenance of Saskatchewan”.
- SPEC - Canadian Scientific Pollution and Environmental Control Society, 1973-1974; Perspective v.3, no.4, 1973; Correspondence.
- Survival Institute of Canada, 1973; Booklet "Draft Canadian Plan for Survival".
- German American Indian Group, 1972-1978; Correspondence; publication "Amerdian" (in German).
- International Development Research Centre, 1973-1974; Correspondence; "Three Strands of Rope" by Clyde Sanger; Annual Report; Manchester Guardian, v.108 no.27.
- International Human Rights Consultation, 1978; Correspondence.
- International Organizations - Miscellaneous, 1971-1978; Correspondence and international publications.
- International Union of Family Organizations, 1972; Correspondence.
- International Work Group for Indigenous Affairs (IWGIA), 1972-1973; Correspondence; Newsletters; Documents - 11. "The Ache Indians: Genocide in Paraguay"; 12. "The Dynamics of the Ye'cuana Political System: Stability & Crisis"; 13."The Brazilian Indigenous Problem and Policy" 15. "Hydraulic Development and Ethnocide: The Mayatec & Chinantec People of Oaxaca, Mexico".
- Ministry of Aboriginal Affairs (Australia):, 1972-1973; Correspondence; Clippings: "Black Power being heard in Australia" Peterborough Examiner, September 1972; "Fairer Deal Forecast for Aborigines" The Times, June 1973.
- United Nations Associations in Canada, 1973-1978; Correspondence, Minutes, Resolutions, Publications, “International Covenants of Human Rights”, 1967 (reprinted 1973); documents from the Winnipeg Branch.
- United Nations - Habitat Conference Vancouver, 1975-1977; Correspondence, Conference publications.
- United Nations – International Year of the Child, 1978; Correspondence, Canadian and Program Planning Committees - minutes, documents, research and reports; including proposals for Native Children’s Week, 1979.
- World Changers, 1972; Correspondence; Brochures.
Native Organizations – National
- Friendship Centres - General, 1972-1977; General Correspondence; map and lists of centres in Canada; notes for directors of centres.
- Friendship Centres - Migrating Native Peoples Program, 1972-1977; Secretary of State, program objectives; Memorandum to Cabinet.
- Indian organizations - Canadian - General, 1972-1977; Correspondence; brochures; Native Study Group notes “Palestinians and Native Peoples are Brothers”.
- Indian Organizations – USA - General, 1972-1976; Correspondence; various Newsletters, Report “National American Indian Council, A synopsis”.
- Indian Rights for Indian Women, 1973-1977; Correspondence; Minutes and documents from Annual conferences; Application for incorporation.
- Inuit Tapirisat of Canada, 1971-1975; Correspondence; reports, publications.
- Inuit Tapirisat of Canada, 1976-1978; Correspondence; reports, publications.
- Inuit Tapirisat of Canada, n.d.; Correspondence; copies of clippings.
- Isolated Communities Advisory Board - Northern Alberta, 1976-1977; Correspondence; Information Workshop and Staffing Proposals; Briefs for support and objectives of the Board.
- National Association of Friendship Centres, 1972-1975; Correspondence; annual reports, publications.
- National Association of Friendship Centres, 1976-1978; Correspondence; position and conference papers; publications.
- National Association of Friendship Centres, 1978; Seventh Annual Conference papers and documentation.
- National Indian Arts and Crafts Corporation, 1976-1977; Correspondence, Brochures (stone, blankets & quilt work). Newspaper - Canadian Indian Art Crafts, Jan. 1976.
- National Indian Brotherhood – Correspondence – General, 1972-1978; Includes: publications, “Indian Control of Indian Education”; “Indian Housing Policy and Program: NIB-DIAND Joint Work Group Technical Reports; research papers.
- National Native News Service, n.d.; News releases with request for national coverage by Native newspapers and radio.
- Native Brotherhoods and Sisterhoods – General, 1977-1978; Correspondence; reports.
- Native Council of Canada, 1972-1973; Correspondence, annual assembly minutes, briefs, reports.
- Native Council of Canada, 1974-1975; Correspondence, annual assembly minutes, proposal for television special, press clippings.
- Native Council of Canada, 1976-1978; Correspondence, annual assembly minutes and resolutions; The Forgotten People (newspaper May/June 1977); Report of the Executive Officers and revised constitution and by-laws, 1977.
- Native Newspapers - Correspondence, 1975-1976.
- Native Women’s Association of Canada, 1974-1977; Correspondence, summary of and press releases for the founding conference, August 23-25th, 1974.
Native Organizations – Provincial
- Alberta Native Communications Society, 1972-1973; Correspondence, Alberta Indian Education Centre brochure; proposal for a communications link for Natives across Canada.
- Bowden Native Brotherhood - Alberta, 1976-1977; Correspondence.
- Calgary Friendship Centre, 1978; Correspondence; proposal for a coordinator and office to work with Alberta Native Friendship Centres Association.
- Indian Association of Alberta, 1972-1978; Correspondence; a brief on Indian Status in Canada; Indian Association of Alberta brochures.
- Indian Newsmedia - Kainai News, 1975-1978; Correspondence; articles on native affairs.
- Métis Association of Alberta, 1972-1977; Correspondence; news clippings, press releases, copy of a speech by V. L. Horte, President, Arctic Gas; draft proposal re: Remote Community Video tape program.
- Métis Historical Society, 1974-1975; Correspondence; 1974 proposal "Projections of the 8. 9. Métis Historical Society: Métis Museum, Library and Museum, Hall of Fame.
- Native Counselling Service of Alberta, 1973; Minutes, conference delegate list.
- Allied Indian Métis Society (A.I.M.S.) – Vancouver, 1975-1977; Correspondence; Annual report; brochure and budget.
- B.C. Association of Non-Status Indians, 1972-1975; Correspondence; news clippings; submission to the Western Economic Opportunities Conference; Interim report on Winter Warmth Housing Program of Native Associations.
- B.C. Indian Arts and Welfare Society, 1973-1975; Correspondence; Constitution.
- Burns Lake Community Development Corporation, 1974-1975; Correspondence; briefs and reports concerning the partnership of the Burns Lake Community Development Corporation and the Burns Lake Native Development Corporation also called “The Burns Lake Project”.
- Central Okanagan Indian Friendship Society, 1978; Ki-lown-a newsletter, [May] 1978. 14. Coqualeetza Education Training Centre, 1975-1977; Correspondence; budgets; reports; newsletters, “Stalo Nation News”.
- Doh Day De Claa Friendship Centre: Newsletters, May 1978 - Jan. 1979.
- Indian Homemakers Association – Vancouver, 1972-1973; Correspondence; News clippings, n.d.
- Nazko- Kluskus Bands, 1975-1977; Correspondence; newspaper, “Cayoti Prints”; press releases.
- Nishga Band, [n.d.]; booklet, “Citizens Plus”; copy of Nishga Declaration.
- Pacific Association of Communication in Friendship Indian Centres (P.A.C.I.F.I.C.), 1975-1978; Correspondence, Membership Lists; Annual Meeting minutes and documentation.
- Pacific Association of Communication in Friendship Indian Centres (. P.A.C.I.F.I.C.) – Workshops, 1978; Material relating to the joint PACIFIC/CASNP workshops, April 12-16, 1978, Vancouver.
21.Union of B.C. Indian Chiefs, 1970-1976; Correspondence; newsletters and bulletins; reports and publications.
MISSING: 22. Social Planning and Review Council of British Columbia, 1978; Correspondence, contact lists, conference and resource materials, reports, research papers.
- Association for Indian and Métis Education, 1974; Conference Agenda, June 1974.
- Community Action Project - Winnipeg, 1977; Progress Report, January 1977.
- Indian and Métis Brotherhood Organization of Stony Mountain, 1971-1976; Correspondence; Proposition paper for Half-way House in Winnipeg.
- Manitoba Indian Brotherhood - Correspondence (General), 1972-1977; Position Paper on Indian Unemployment; W-5 script on the MIB; Christmas card, n.d.
- Manitoba Indian Women's Association, 1973, 1975; Correspondence; Report from2nd Annual Meeting, November, 1973.
- Manitoba Métis Federation, 1972-1978; Correspondence, Information booklet; contact list.
29a. Northern Flood Committee, 1974, 1977-1978; Correspondence; Northern Flood Statement by Premier Ed Schreyer.
29b. Roseau River Reserve – General Correspondence
- Centre for Native Oriented Rehabilitation, 1975; Proposal, Centre for Native Oriented Rehabilitation of Native Inmates, by Patrick Paul.
- New Brunswick Association of Métis and Non-Status Indians, 1973-1976; Correspondence, Minutes and reports of the General Assembly.
- New Brunswick Association of Métis and Non-Status Indians, 1977-1978; Correspondence; Minutes and Reports of the General Assembly.
- Union of New Brunswick Indians, 1972-1977; Correspondence; Discussion paper; Financial statements; Briefs; Agreement; Housing report.
Newfoundland and Labrador
- Labrador Inuit Association, 1973; Telex press release announcing Board members and resolutions.
- Native Association of Newfoundland-Labrador1973-1975, 1978; Correspondence; one letter from the Association which was renamed “Federation of Newfoundland Indians”; Tentative agenda for 2nd Annual General Assembly, June 1975.
36a. Union of Nova Scotia Indians – Correspondence
36b. MicMac Development Co-operative Ltd., 1975; Correspondence.
MISSING: 37. The Native Council of Nova Scotia, 1971-1978; Correspondence; audio tape of original compositions by Peter Frank Bernard; “Submission to the Health-Education-Social Services Committee of the Province of Nova Scotia”; Hansard, Issue no. 27, 22 June 1971.
- Wagmatcook Band Council, 1974; Correspondence; Statement of the Band; Proposal for New Community Hall.
- Ahbenoojeyug Inc., 1974-1977; Correspondence; Monthly Reports; brochure.
- Allied Indian and Métis Society (A.I.M.S.) – Ontario, 1973- 1978; Correspondence; Meeting documentation; Reports – Canada Works/Native Concerns, Drug and Alcohol Abuse Program, Native Con-Sultants; Native Brotherhood and Sisterhood Groups contact list.
- Association of Iroquois and Allied Indians (Brantford), 1973-1974; Correspondence.
- Big Lodge Society, 1977-1978; Correspondence; Reports; Newspaper clippings; Meeting documentation; Funding proposals and documents.
- Collins Bay Native Brotherhood, 1973-1978; Newsmagazine - Changing Times, Vol.1, No.8, Aug. 1974. Proposal Concerning the Establishment of a Native Youth Counselling Program, n.d.
- Federation of Ontario Indians, 1974; News release and constitution.
- Grand Council Treaty No.3 (Kenora): Correspondence Jan. 1972 - Nov. 1974. Booklet - What You Know About Community Employment Strategy? by Mrs. M. Hartling, National Anti-Poverty Organization, n.d.
- Grand Council Treaty No. Nine: Correspondence, May 1973 - June 1976. Paper - Land & Resources in the Treaty #9 Area, Jan. 1976. Presentations, Proposals & Position Papers, 1974 including housing & medical service Brief: Future Water Manipulation in Northern Ontario – “Call it What You Think” - by Harry Achneepineskum, Aug. 1973. Position paper - the Structure and Position of Grand Treaty Council #9, March 1973. Proposal to Establish a Cree / Ojibwa School of Business in the Treaty #9 Area, May 1973
MISSING: 9. Grand Council Treaty #9 – Reed Paper; 1976-1977; Correspondence, Information Package.
- Guelph Correctional Centre, 1977; Correspondence.
- Indian Organizations – Ontario – Miscellaneous; includes: Parry Sound Friendship Centre, Wa-Wa-Ta Native Communications Society, Warkworth Native Brotherhood.
- Joyceville Native Brotherhood, 1973-1977; : Correspondence,; Newsmagazine “The Talking Leaves”; Articles/Research Papers; Nineteen 4"x5" colour photographs of a totem pole donated to city of Kingston of the Brotherhood, n.d.
- Millhaven Native Brotherhood, 1972-1976; Correspondence; Instructions for visitors.
- Native Arts and Culture Organization, 1975-1976; Correspondence, Program Proposal.
- Native Canadian Centre of Toronto, 1975-1978; Correspondence; Annual Report, 1975; Informational leaflet, n.d.
- Native Communication Circle – Kingston, 1974-1978; Correspondence; Expense reports; Financial Resume; Native Inmate Assistance Project Budget Submission.
- Native Sisterhood- Kingston, 1973-1978; Correspondence; Newsletter.
- Native Youth Association, 1973; Correspondence, Draft By-laws.
- Nelson Small Legs Foundation, Correspondence, 1977-1878.
- North American Indian Travelling College, 1974-1975; Correspondence; Budget Proposal,"Onake Corp”. Film proposal.
- Northern Ontario Indian Homemakers' Association, 1972; Correspondence; Meeting minutes; Funding.
- Odawa Native Friendship Centre, 1974-1978; Correspondence, newsletters, Meeting minutes; Financial statement; Reports; By-Law #; Proposal for a Native Friendship Centre in Ottawa; Native Citizen’s Day button.
- Ontario Federation of Indian Friendship Centres, 1973-1978; Correspondence, News Bulletins; Leaflet on Native Court worker Program, n.d.; Paper - Li'l Beavers of Ontario, Towards Manhood and Womanhood, n.d.; Newspaper - Ontario Native Experience, Vol.1, No.1, Aug. 1973; Newsmagazine, Vol.3, No.2, April 1975
- Ontario Métis & Non-Status Indian Association, 1972-1977; Correspondence; Annual Assembly Report; News-magazine - Dimensions, Vol.1, No.6, June 1973. Articles on Housing and Education; Newspaper clippings.
- Ontario Native League for Youth, 1973; Funding Proposal.
- Ontario Native Women's Association, 1976, 1978; Correspondence; informational brochure.
- St. Regis Band Council Cornwall, 1974; Correspondence, Jan. 1974.
- St. Thomas Indian Cultural Group, 1977; Correspondence, June 1977.
- Six Nations Art Council, n.d.; Speech to a Task Force by the Council.
- Six Nations Hockey Club, 1978; Correspondence; Budget; funding request.
- Temagami Ojibwa Indian Band, 1974; Correspondence, March 1974.
- Toronto Council, Ontario Métis & Non- Status Indian Association, 1972-1975; Brochure; Correspondence; Progress Report on the Local Initiative Program by Mrs. V.L. Martin, Feb. 1972.
- Toronto Warriors Society, 1975; Notice of Unity Conference against mercury poisoning, Oct. 1975.
- Trent University Native Association, 1974; Letter, March 1974.
- Triple K Co-operative, 1975-1977; Correspondence, Report on Triple K Co-operative, June 1975.
- Union of Ontario Indians, 1972-1977; Correspondence; Report - Discrimination in Wallaceburg Schools, Oct. 1972.
- Whitedog Reserve, 1976; Correspondence.
Prince Edward Island
- Prince Edward Island Association of Métis and Non-Status Indians, 1978; Correspondence.
- Indians of Quebec Association, 1972-1975; Correspondence; Bulletins; General Assembly documentation, reports, minutes, resolutions.
- Laurentian Alliance of Métis and Non- Status Indians, Inc., 1973-1977; Correspondence; Third Annual Assembly documentation; pamphlet.
- Monchanin Centre, 1974-1975; Brochure, “Monchanin: Towards a new man, a new life, a new world”; event calendar.
- Naskapi Band Council of Schefferville, 1975; Correspondence; Proposal for a research programme; Nishga Declaration.
- Native Friendship Centre of Montreal Inc., 1975-1977; Correspondence; meeting Minutes, reports, Brochure; Funding submission to Migrating Native Peoples Program, Department of Secretary of State), March 1976.
- Northern Quebec Inuit Association, 1973-1977; Correspondence; Press Release; newspaper clipping; proposal for radio service.
- Quebec Association of Native Friendship Centres, 1976-1977; Correspondence; 58 page Proposal by Edward (Eddie) Gardner, “Proposal for a Native Urban Affairs Policy”, submitted to the Provincial Government of Quebec.
- Quebec Native Communications Society, [n.d.]; Project Arrows re: communications training for native peoples; Application to the Societies Act.
- Quebec Native Women's Group, 1974-1977; Correspondence.
- Restigouche Band Council, 1975; Correspondence; Press Release: Restigouche offer mercury free fish to contaminated Ontario reserves.
- Federation of Saskatchewan Indians, 1974; Correspondence; Brochure.
- Lloydminster Métis Society, 1978; Correspondence.
- Métis Society of Saskatchewan, 1972-1978; Correspondence; Report on a Joint Meeting of Representatives of the CASNP and the Métis Society of Saskatchewan, April 1974
- Regina Friendship Centre, 1975-1976; Correspondence; Membership Report; Newsletters.
- Saskatchewan Native Women's Movement, 1973; Article: “Native Women in Society” by Vicki Wilson, in Quaere, the Saskatchewan Law Review Supplement.
- Baffin Region Inuit Association, 1976; Correspondence, Proposal to the Donner Canadian Foundation for a project to coordinate architectural training for Inuit persons.
- Committee for Original Peoples' Entitlement (COPE), 1971-1976; Correspondence; Press Releases, news clippings.
- Federation of Natives North of Sixty (Inuvik), 1972; Pipeline development papers, newspaper clippings, division of cultural affairs proposal.
- Indian Brotherhood of the Northwest Territories, 1972-1977; Correspondence; Reports and Briefs; Newsletters; Newspaper clippings, Statement of Rights, “The Dene: Land and Unity of the Native People of the Mackenzie Valley”; Address by James J. Wah-Shee, June 16, 1975.
- Inuit Cultural Institute, 1976; Papers, “Organization and Development Plan”, “Printing Project: A Communications Alternative”.
- Koe Go Cho Society, n.d.; “A Proposal for the Upper Mackenzie Area”.
- Métis Association of the Northwest Territories, 1972-1977; Correspondence; Proposal: “Northwest Territories Métis History Project”, 1975.
- Nunatsiakmiut, 1976-1977; Correspondence; President's Report and Assessment.
- Northwest Territories Native Communications Society, 1974; Correspondence; Report #1.
- Northwest Territories Youth Association, 1976; Correspondence.
- Tree of Peace, 1973; Correspondence.
- Yukon Association of Non-Status Indians (YANSI); 1972; Correspondence; Yukon Planning Project - Health and Welfare, Demonstration Project.
- Yukon Indian Futures Planning, 1977-1978; Correspondence re: funding of education by Imperial Oil, Feb. 7, 1977 - April 14, 1977. Kluane Tribal Brotherhood walkathon. Initial Environmental Evaluation of the Proposed Alaska Highway Gas Pipeline Yukon Territory.
- Yukon Native Brotherhood, 1971-1976; Correspondence; Votes and proceedings from Territorial Council.
Native Organizations – International
- World Council of Indigenous, 1975-1978; Correspondence; Minutes; Conference documents; clippings; proposal.
Series E: Programs
Library and Information Centre
- Libraries - Complimentary Members, 1973-1975; Correspondence. (Note: most complimentary members are Native organizations)
- Library – Bibliographies and Publications lists, 1968-1975.
- Library – Budgets and Staffing, 1972-1975; Budgets, Correspondence, Staff procedures.
- Library – General, 1970 – 1977; Correspondence, description, submission to The Steel Company of Canada, pamphlets.
- Library and Information Centre (L.I.C.), 1972-1973; Correspondence; Reports; Submissions for Financial Assistance.
- Library memberships, 1973-; Correspondence, lists.
- Library Reports, 1967-1976.
- Miscellaneous Publications (non-CASNP); A to M – Boletin Ocasional, no.44, 1977; Canadian Frontier, v.3, no.3, 1974, v.4, no.2, 1975; Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide, The (Reproduction from the Yearbook on Human Rights, 1948, UN); Gazette (Quarterly of Canadian Museum Association), v.9, no.4, 1976, v.10, no.4, 1977; Destruction of American Indian Families, The, 1977; Grindstone Notes, v.1, no.4, 1978; Ha-Shilth-Sa, v.3, no.6, 1976; Métis of Manitoba, The, 1978.
- Miscellaneous (non-CASNP) Publications, ; N to Z; National Identity or Cultural genocide? A reply to Ottawa’s new Indian Policy, by Ben Swankey; National Library of Canada;, 1974; Native People, The, v.9, nos.33-34, 1976; Native Perspective, The, v.2, no.2, 1977, v.3, no.8, 1978; Native Sons, 1976; New Internationalist, ; Tapol Canada, no.1, 1977.
- National Native Library, [n.d.]; Memo from Sherrill Cheda to John Gasson.
- Native Who's Who in Canada Project, 1977; by Lorne F. Keeper and Dr. James T Willis
- Organizational Chart, [n.d.]; Budget and chart.
- Proposed Office Library Move - Lease with NOM Leaseholders, 1975. Correspondence concerning library expansion, 1975.
- Requests for Information, 1972; Correspondence.
- Requests for Information, 1973, January – June; Correspondence; clippings.
- Requests for Information, 1973 July – December; Correspondence; Brochures; newspaper clippings. Includes a copy of Human Dialogue and the Emergence of an Ecological Conscience, by Donald A. Ayre.
- Requests for Information, January – June, 1974; Correspondence, brochures including a Hudson’s Bay Company, Blanket Division (and Leisure Wear) catalogue and price list from February, 1974.
- Requests for Information, July – December, 1974; Correspondence.
- Requests for Information, 1975; Correspondence.
- Requests for Information, 1976; Correspondence.
- Requests for Information, 1977; Correspondence.
- Requests for Information, 1978; Correspondence.
- Requests for Information from Natives, 1975; Correspondence, information pamphlets on alcohol abuse.
- SNP Background information, ; Information paper on CASNP.
- Vertical File Reproduction and Sale, 1972-1975; Correspondence, documents relating to the Reproduction service provided by the Association.
Membership: National and General
- Background - Chapter Development, 1974-1977; Correspondence; clippings; Jim Lotz's Writings on Community Development and Citizen Participation; Membership
- Letter - Appeal to Doctors, 1973; Dr. E. W. Sutherland, M.D.
- Letter - Appeal to High Schools; 1974.
- Letter - Appeal to Labour Locals (Ontario), 1974; Correspondence.
- Letter - Appeal to University Women's Groups, 1974.
- Letter - Appeal to York Faculty, 1973; Correspondence, draft letter
- Membership Brochure, 1973; Correspondence, French and English versions.
- Membership Correspondence, 1972; Miscellaneous.
- Membership Correspondence, 1973; Miscellaneous.
- Membership Correspondence, 1974; Miscellaneous.
- Membership – General, 1973-1978; Miscellaneous.
- Membership Local Chapter Structure, 1966-1974; Policy, by-laws and organizational structure for chapters.
13a. Correspondence with Members – 1975-1977
13b. Membership Profile, 1976-1978.
MISSING: 14. Membership; Miscellaneous, 1972-1974; Procedures, general information, lists.
- Proposed letter to Librarians (Membership), 1973.
- Solicitation for Members – G.E. Penfold, 1973; Correspondence.
- Solicitation for Members (Mailing to Lawyers), 1973; Correspondence.
- Solicitation for Members (Resource" Mailing), 1972-1973; Correspondence, Resources, v.2, no.7 May 1973; article, Governmental Secrecy in Canada, by Robert T. Franson; Paper Indian Health in White Man’s Society, 1972, by Dr. N. G. Dormaar, M.D.
Membership: Provincial and Regional
- Membership - Alberta, 1973-1979; Correspondence, lists, newsletters, clippings.
- Membership - British Columbia, 1976-1978; Correspondence, lists, newsletters.
- Membership - Manitoba, 1973-1978; Correspondence, clippings.
- Membership - New Brunswick, 1973-1977; Correspondence, lists.
- Membership - New Brunswick - Tobique, 1977; Supreme Court of New Brunswick documents, clippings, handwritten notes.
- Membership - Newfoundland and Labrador, 1973-1978; Correspondence, newsletter.
- Membership - Northwest Territories and Yukon, 1973-1978; Correspondence, list, clippings.
- Membership - Nova Scotia, 1974-1978; Ava-Six Project outline, correspondence, meeting report.
- Membership - Nova Scotia - Halifax,
Bound Volume - 1971 Ledger - Accounts Receivable and Payable
- Alberta Division, 1967-1971; Correspondence.
- Alberta Native Development Fund, 1968-1970; Correspondence; promotional material and clippings re: Moccasin Miles Walkathon.
- British Columbia and Saskatchewan, 1971; Membership lists, volunteer sheets.
- Dev-Cor (Edmonton), 1972; Brochure; Correspondence re: closing of IEA western office.
- Eastern Associate Director Field Reports, 1969.
- Essay Contest 1968-1969: Correspondence.
- Executive and Board Correspondence, 1967-1969.
- Newsletters: IEA Newsletters Alberta Division, 1967-1970, Questionnaire for "Know Your Board of Directors".
- Western Associate Director Alaska, 1969; Correspondence; Membership list.
- Western Associate Director - Arctic Quebec, 1970; Correspondence re: loss of fish in Otter Lake and Deception Bay due to construction by Asbestos Corporation Limited.
- Western Region, 1968-1972; Financial Reports, budgets, correspondence, statements; IEA meeting notes.
- Background Paper on SNP (Dr. W. G. McConkey), 1972.
- Background Paper on SNP (John E. Gasson), 1973.
- Black Studies Centre re: Style Guide, 1974; Correspondence
- Curriculum Development Programs - General, 1964-1978; Correspondence; outline of 5. Development Perspectives, a curriculum project.
- Curriculum Development – Ottawa Board of Education, 1973; Social Studies Guidelines.
- Curriculum Development – Ottawa Cooperative Schools Project, 1977; Correspondence; position report; meeting minutes.
- Curriculum Development – Scarborough Board of Education, 1973-1974; Program outlines for Grade 3 and 7.
- Education – Miscellaneous, [1973-1976]; Background papers, contact list, speech.
- Education – Various Resources for Teachers, 1970-1977; Lists of books and audio-visual material for the classroom, reproductions of papers: The Eskimos in Canada, by Irene Baird, 1971; Bibliography of Indian History Books, by Basil Johnson, 1970; Indian Rights – A Century of Oppression, by Peter A. Cumming, [n.d.].
- Encyclopedia Britannica Publications Inc. re: Contemporary Indian Kit, 1973-1974; Correspondence, brochure.
- Multi-Media Indian School Kit, 1972-1973; Proposal; Correspondence; folder from the 1971 meeting of the IEA and The Native Council of Canada.
- Native Studies Programs in Canadian Schools, 1971-1973; Correspondence, reports, papers - A Proposal for Native Studies, Service and Research at Queen's University, by Dr. J. W. Berry; Indian Studies Programs in Canadian Schools, by Donald Smith.
- People of Native Ancestry (PONA) - Curriculum Development Guideline, ; Draft copy of guideline.
- PONA – Curriculum Development Project, 1973-1978; Correspondence, contracts, guidelines, budget, and reviews.
- PONA – Original Artwork ; Graphics and cartoons.
- PONA – Workshop in Toronto and Ottawa, 1977; Correspondence, proposals, and workshop materials for the Ontario Teacher’s Federation professional development event including an audio cassette tape of Joe Couture and Fred Kelly.
- Public Education, 1972-1973; Correspondence; Throne Speech March 20, 1973; The Maine Teacher newsletter; Conference proposal, Bringing the North South: An Introduction to Ontario’s Far North.
- Speakers Bank, 1971-1978; Correspondence; reports, proposals, brochures, clippings and speakers contact lists.
Media and Publicity
- CASNP Press Releases, 1974-1978.
- CBC Northern Service, 1975-1977.
21 Media and Publicity – Miscellaneous, 1971-1977; Correspondence; Budget; Reports, projects, communications program; Notes to editors.
- Press and Radio Contacts, 1972-1974; Correspondence; Contact lists.
- Press Releases – Other, 1975-1976.
- Proposed Ads - CASNP, 1973-; Public Service Announcements.
- TV Productions, 1977; Reports and transcripts of television programming.
- Gordon Lee, 1974 – 1976; Correspondence; Reports.
- Community Resources – British Columbia, 1978; Correspondence; Resource Directory for Vancouver and Victoria.
- Conference and Event Invitations – General, 1970-1978.
- Letters to the Editor, 1977.
- Outreach – Miscellaneous, 1967-1970, 1977; Correspondence, report.
Native Land Settlements Week
- CASNP Statement re: Dene Position, 1977; Press Release; Background Information; Position paper, Why CASNP Supports the Dene Position; Correspondence from Eugene Forsey.
- Communications and Publicity, 1975-1976; Correspondence, notes, information sheets, six 8 X 10 colour photographs, unidentified.
- Contact Lists, 1973-1976.
- Coordination, 1975-1976; Correspondence; Itineraries; meeting and briefing notes; addresses and speeches, notably: James J. Wah-Shee, Judd Buchanan and Wally Firth.
- Ontario Region, 1976; Correspondence; Event List; Flyers.
- Reports, Statements and Position Papers; 1973-1976; notably: Dr. Lloyd Barber, René Fumoleau, Jean Chrétien.
- Unidentified 7" sound tape.
- Bound Copy: Native Land Settlements Week Final Report, 1976.
Ontario North Today (ONT)
- ONT Final Report, 1977-1978; List of Enclosures including Final Report; Report on Southwestern Tour by Ted Jackson; Overview of the Southwestern Tour by Archie Cheechoo; sample documents; clippings; Biographies of speakers.
- ONT Follow-up, 1977-1978; - Correspondence; CASNP outline for an Adult Education Program targeted to non-Natives; Issue no.2, 21 December 1977 North of 50 – published by the Royal Commission on the Northern Environment; newsletter.
- ONT Tour, 1977; Correspondence; Evaluations, Itineraries; Grand Council Treaty Nine publications including: Information brochure, press release and Summary of Activities, June 1977.
- ONT Media, 1977; Public Service Announcements transcript and tape; five 5X7 B&W photographs identified as: Wilber Jones, Gerry Martin, Wally McKay, Norman Naveau and Fred Plain.
Promotion - Workshops
- Fundraising, 1978; Documents from Vancouver workshop; British Columbia Ecumenical News, v.3 no.2, March April 1978.
- Fundraising Workshop for Ontario Native Groups, 1977; Report, correspondence, description and list of participants.
- Human Rights – various locations, 1971-1972; Correspondence, general workshop documents, clippings.
- National Management Workshop - Banff, 1975; Recordings of press conferences, workshop sessions on three cassette tapes.
- National Management Workshop - Banff, 1975; Administration and Fundraising Workshop.
- National Management Workshop - Banff, 1974-1975; Correspondence with Native groups.
- National Management Workshop - Banff, 1974-1975 General correspondence and planning documents.
- National Management Workshop - Banff, -1975; Reports.
- National Management Workshop - Banff, 1974-1975; Requests for funds and replies, etc.
- National Management Workshop - Banff, 1974-1975; Workshop attendees.
- Seminar on Attitudes Towards Indians, 1976-1978; Presented by Roger Gibbins and J. Rick Pointing; Correspondence and seminar documents.
Publications - The Bulletin and Newsletters
- Indian-Eskimo Association of Canada, 1960 – 1971; scattered issues, v.1, no.1 – v.12, no.5; Correspondence, research notes and articles, graphics, budgets.
- Canadian Association in Support of Native Peoples, 1972 – 1978; scattered issues with correspondence, research notes and articles, graphics, budgets.
- v.13, no.4, October 1972 – “Aircraft serving the North”.
- v.14, no.1, April 1973 – James Bay Issue: Progress or Disaster”.
- v.14, no.3, August 1973 – “14th Annual Meeting”.
- v.15, no.1, April 1974 – “Justice Divided? A look at Métis and Non-Status Indian Land Claims”.
- v.15, no.3, December 1974 – “Northern Manitoba: Special issue on Northern Flooding”.
- v.16, no.1, April 1975 – “Report on Banff Management Workshop for Native Groups”.
- v.16, no.2, July 1975 – “Education”.
- v.16, no.3, October 1975 – “Native Brother/Sisterhood of Canada”.
- v.16, no.4, December 1975 – “Native People in Québec”.
- v.17, no.1, March 1976 – “Native Land Settlements”.
- [v.17, no. 2, August 1976] – “Housing”; Correspondence.
- [v.17, no. 2, August 1976] – “Housing”; Page proofs.
- [v.17, no. 2, August 1976] – “Housing”; Photos.
- [v.17, no. 2, August 1976] – “Housing”; Research.
- v.17, no.3, December 1976 – “Aboriginal Rights”
- [v.17, no.4] – was substituted by “Native Perspectives”, v.2, no.1, December 1976.
- v.18, no.2, October 1977 – “For Generations Yet Unborn: Ontario Resources North of 50”; a study-action kit.
20a. Junior O.N.T. Bulletin, 1977-1978; Correspondence, draft for Grades 7-9 kit.
20b. [v.18, no.3] - was substituted by “Native Perspectives”, v.2, no.10, 1978.
- v.18, no.4, Fall 1978 – “On Native Women”.
- Bulletin Advertising, 1973-1978.
- Bulletin - General Correspondence, 1976-1977.
- Bulletin - General Correspondence, 1972-1975; includes an article by Peter Cumming, Native Land Rights and Northern Development.
- Bulletin Printing Costs, 1975-1976.
- Bulletin Submissions, 1977; Edmonton-Hobbema Review Committee Report, January 28, 1977; George Armstrong: That’s Success; Norval Morrisseau: Legend in his own time; The Legacy of the Native Peoples of the Americas;
- Bulletin - Unpublished, 1976; Alcoholism.
- CASNP Newsletter, 1974-1977; no.1 - 5, no. 7 – 10.
- CASNP Newsletter, 1977-1978; no.11 – 19.
- CASNP Newsletter, 1976-1978; Miscellaneous.
- Unpublished 1977-1978
- “The Inuit” Bulletin v.18, no.1 – September 1977
- Ontario North Today Bulletin – October 1977 – v.18, no.2
Publications – Titles
- A Fund-Raising Guide for Native Groups, by Lynda Cronin; 1976-1977.
- And What About Canada's Native Peoples?, by Joanne Hoople; with essays by Dr. J.W.E. Newbery, “Canadian Responsibility to Native People”, and the Inuit Tapirisat of Canada, “The Inuit”; Includes French translation; 1975-1978.
- And What About Canada's Native Peoples?, 1st edition, 1973-1975.
- Basic Bookkeeping for Native Groups, 1978; by Gloria Bureau.
- Common Cause: Aboriginal Peoples of Canada and the World, (Contemporary Native Themes Series), 1978; Proposals (unpublished).
- Death from the Water, 1975-1976; Brief outline on the book; Correspondence, research material including: v.88 no.11, Maclean’s, 20 October 1975 and v.90 no.5, Saturday Night, October 1975.
- Doctors, Lawyers, Indian Chiefs, 1977-1978; Correspondence; Outline.
- “The Happy Eagle”, 1977-1979; Correspondence and draft manuscript by William (Bill) Stephenson [William Stevenson].
- Indians: An Introduction to Canada’s Native People, 1976; by Hope MacLean, School Kit, Correspondence, draft copies, clippings.
- “Indian Giver” – Warren Lowes, 1975-1978; Draft; Correspondence.
- “Native Rights in Canada”, 2nd Edition - 1970-1975; Correspondence, copyright clearances, drafts.
- “Native Rights in Canada” – Layman’s version, 1973; Correspondence, meeting notes.
- Native Voices from Prison, 1977; Correspondence, draft, proposals.
- Publications Programme - Miscellaneous, 1968-1978; Correspondence; various papers and proposals including: The Basis for Native Claims in Canada, by Lloyd Barber, 1974; Gifts from Indian Culture, by Patronella Johnson, 1972; Research Project on Treaty and Aboriginal Rights – Indians, Métis and Eskimos, 1969; Canada’s Indians and Eskimos and Human Rights, by Omer Peters, 1968; Resource Paper on Human Rights and Canada’s Native People, by Professor K. Lysyk, 1968; Together Today for our Children Tomorrow: A summary of the Land claims position paper of the Yukon Native Brotherhood, 1973.
- Publishing the News: a useful guide to publishing newsletters and newspapers, 1977; by Collin Gribbons, forward by Roy Gould; Correspondence; List of Indian Organizations in Canada including National and Provincial Offices of Registered, Non-Status and Métis Associations and Cultural/Educational Centres.
- Resources Inventory, ; by Gordon Lee, Resources Guide Project Coordinator; background content about CASNP created for new staff and board members.
- Who Owns Canada: Aboriginal Title and Canadian Courts, by William T. Babcock, 1976; Original manuscript; correspondence; notes.
- Working with News Media: Some Basics of Press Relations, 1977; Correspondence; Directories - Media and Native Groups; clippings.
- You asked about CASNP: is a description of the Canadian Association in Support of the Native People’s contemporary role, structure and operation, 1978; Booklet; correspondence, notes.
- “Inuit and the Law” 1971-1972
- Native People and the Law: The Impact of recent Legal Reforms and measures on the Native Populations [n.d.]
Publications – Miscellaneous
- Artwork, 1973-1975; Correspondence – especially about Christmas cards; 20 black and white photos, “From Edmonton” [1960’s], some identified, e.g. Carmel Coughlin, Jacqueline Weitz, Chief and Mrs. Crowfoot; sketches, brochures.
- Books Canada, 1975; Service Agreement between Books Canada and CASNP.
- Brochures, 1977-1978; Artwork, set-up and final; correspondence.
- Collin Gribbons, 1976; General Correspondence; articles, wire service submissions, CASNP Page submissions to Native Perspectives”.
- Collin Gibbons - Interview notes, 1975; Notes; correspondence.
- Economic Development Propaganda, 1975-1976; Miscellaneous notes, brochure, newspaper clippings, and copies of: Micmac News, v.4 no.9, Indian and Eskimo Affairs Program publications.
- Hugh Pryce-Jones, 1977; Content Magazine, no. 80, Carleton Journalism Review, v.1 no.2; The Arctic Coastal Zone Management Newsletter, no.6; Holland College School of Visual Arts information and correspondence.
- Indian Hall of Fame, 1975, 1978; Correspondence; text for About Indians; Poster.
- ISBN’s and ISSN, 1969-1978; Correspondence, booklets, CASNP publication standard numbers.
- Miscellaneous – Unidentified, [n.d.]; Negatives of film; small black and white photos of Chief Tobobundung and Elm Bark Lodges of Parry Sound Reserve.
- Paper by Barry Sonshine "Legislative history of the Indian Act" 1974; Correspondence between Barry Sonshine and Dian MacKay
- Publications – Correspondence, 1975-1978; Miscellaneous.
Series F: Subjects
- Aquash, Anna Marie - General Correspondence 1976-1977; Press clippings and correspondence, mentioned Leonard Peltier
- Arts and Culture - Miscellaneous, 1974-1975.
- Baker Lake General, 1977-1978; Correspondence; news releases, press clippings; newsletters from Canadian Native News Service; Report, Executive Summary of Effects of Exploration and Development in the Baker Lake Area; background information; notes for Speech by Hugh Faulkner.
- Crafts, 1972.
- Health – Alcoholism
- Health – Miscellaneous
- Health – Mercury (minimata)
- Health - Nutrition
- Kenora Uprising – August 1974, 1974-1975; Correspondence; Proposal; Press Conference notes.
- Mummers, 1976-1977.
- Unpublished Manuscript, [n.d.]; Native Smile Part I by Percy Waucaush
- Unpublished Poetry, [n.d.]; author[s] unknown.
- Pedahbun Lodge, 1975-1976; Correspondence, information, reports re: "Native Rehabilitation Centre for Native Alcoholics"
James Bay Project
- Bill C-9 – General, 1976-1978; Correspondence; Kenneth M. Narvey appearance before the Senate Standing Committee.
- Film showings of Job's Garden, 1973; Correspondence, Press Releases and clipping.
- James Bay Development Corporation, 1973; Documentation Kit.
- James Bay Development, Public support, 1972; Petition in protest of the development.
- James Bay Forum, Ottawa, April 3, 1973; Economy vs. Ecology: People vs. Politics, poster and notes.
- James Bay Forum, Ottawa, March 28, 1974; Correspondence, promotional materials and fact sheet.
- James Bay Forum, Toronto, June 21, 1974: Correspondence, speech and promotional material.
- James Bay Forum, Toronto, March 27, 1973; Correspondence; report; backgrounder on committee members.
- James Bay, Donor Correspondence, 1972-1973.
- James Bay, General Correspondence [Volume 1], 1972 - June 1973; Articles and papers including: “The James Bay Power Proposal”, Valanne Glooschenko and “Position Paper on the James Bay Development Project”, Speeches; Maps; James Bay Committee documents, March 1972, Montreal.
- James Bay, General Correspondence Volume 2, July 1973 – 1974; comments by Judd Buchanan in reference to the Agreement in Principle; committee papers; reports, press releases, news clippings.
- James Bay, General Correspondence Volume 3, July 1973 – 1974; Reports, court and research papers.
- James Bay, Press Clippings: press clippings, brochures, magazines, 1973
- Political Support re: James Bay, Volume 1, June 1973 - August 1973; Correspondence.
- Political Support re: James Bay, Volume 2, 16 May 1973 to 31 May 1973; Correspondence.
- Political Support re: James Bay, Volume 3, 19 March 1973 to 15 May 1973; Correspondence.
- Save James Bay Fund, 1973; Correspondence, financial statements.
- Southern Indian Lake and South Indian Lake, Manitoba, 1972-1973; Statement by I. H. Asper, “Hydro Project –Flooding of Churchill River and South Indian Lake and Lake Winnipeg Regulation”; Special Publication no.2, Canadian Nature Federation, “The Destruction of Manitoba’s Last Great River”; Resolutions of a meeting of the CASNP Board and a letter drafted by T.H.B. Symons to an attached list; news clippings; letter from Sidney Green.
- Transcript of Nishga Case, British Columbia, 1971- 1973; Frank Calder et al - vs. - Attorney-General of British Columbia.
- Transcripts of Court Case, Quebec, 1972; Chief Robert Kanatewat, et al - vs. - The James Bay Development Corporation et al, 1972.
- James Bay, 1972 - Publications, articles, reports, papers and promotional material; including one B&W photograph of Indigenous youth in protest of the development; Bangor Daily News, August 1973, various; Canadian Churchman, v.100, no.1, January 1974; Canadian Conservationist, Spring, 1973; Le Maclean, v.13, no.6, June 1973; Our Generation, v.9, no. 1 Winter, February 1973; The Last Post, v.3, no.3, May 1973; Tora, v.1, no.5, Spring ; Unity, v.19, no.1, February 1974.
Justice and Corrections
- Canadian Penitentiary Service, 1973-1975; Kingston liaison worker.
- Community involvement in criminal justice, 1969, 1977.
- Coordinated inmate services meeting, 1978; Kingston.
- Correspondence, 1978.
- Federal Advisory Council - Natives and Criminal Justice, 1977-1978; Reports
- Federal Advisory Council on Native People and the criminal justice system, 1977; correspondence.
- Half-way house information, ; proposals, brochures.
- Metis and Non-status Indian Crime and Justice Commission, 1977; reports.
- Penitentiaries - Canadian, 1976; correspondence.
- Summer inmate project, 1977.
- Summer inmate project, 1978.
Mackenzie Valley Pipeline Inquiry
- Corporate Action Research Project, 1976; Study "...focusses on Resource Development as it involves people in Canada and Brazil".
- Miscellaneous documents, 1976; Briefs, statements, speeches, address and evidence; Attitudes Towards Native Land Settlements [CASNP], Industrial Impact, by Hugh Brody, James Arvaluk to NWT Chamber of Mines, Judd Buchanan to the Northwest Territories Council, Thomas R. Berger to Environment II.
- Native Land Claims – Mackenzie Valley, 1973-1975; Correspondence; writings of Dr. L. I. Barber (Lloyd), including notes, The Basis for Native Claims in Canada; other printed material in support of Land Settlement.
- Polar Gas Proposal, 1977; Media Kit; Land use applications; CASNP letter calling for an inquiry and original press release.
- Political Support, 1972-1975; Correspondence; Papers by Pollution Probe; Employment report on Mackenzie Highway Construction.
- Press Releases (Berger Hearings) July 1975 - April 1976. A Synopsis of the Mackenzie Valley Pipeline Inquiry May 1976. Tentative Schedule for Southern Hearings, March 1976.
- Submissions to the Mackenzie Valley Pipeline Inquiry Southern Hearings, 1976; Alberta New Democratic Party, CASNP - Terry Meagher (plus draft), City of Toronto, Fort Good Hope Band - Chief Frank T'Selie, Inuit Tapirisat of Canada, Jewish Labour Committee of Canada, Laurentian Alliance of Metis & Non-Status Indians Inc., Leroy Little Bear - U of Lethbridge, London & District Labour Council - Human Rights Committee, Ontario Federation of Labour, United Auto Workers Map of Canada, [n.d.]; Where the Native Peoples live in the N.W.T.
- Press and Publications,  - 1978; Booklet, Building a Gas Pipeline through the Arctic, What About the Environment Protection Board; various newspapers, articles, magazines and clippings.
- Map “Where Native People Live”.
- Berger Commission 1975-1976 Correspondence, Submissions
1/2" Yukon Brotherhood Brief on Poverty 1971
2 unlabelled (1 - 1/2" & 1 - 1")
Video tapes (1"):
1)People or Profit - part 1 - 30 minutes
2)People or Profit - part 2
3)The Underground Railroad