Title and statement of responsibility area
Edward C. Caddy fonds. Additions.
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
1 drawing: pen and ink
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Edward C. Caddy (1815-1897) was a land surveyor who learned his trade in Peterborough between 1839 and 1842. He was also a painter in the Trent Valley District. His landscapes were primarily in water colour.
This fonds was in the custody of Helen and Gordon Roper before it was donated to the Trent University Archives. Helen is the granddaughter of Edward C. Caddy, creator of the fonds.
Scope and content
This addition to the fonds consists of a pen and ink drawing of Conger House and hill, north of George Street in Smith Township, by Edward C. Caddy. The cardboard backing from the original frame has information regarding the sketch and donor.
The sketch is encapsulated in mylar due to its fragile condition.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated by Helen and Gordon Roper of Peterborough, Ontario.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Located in Large Materials Cabinet - Drawer 33.