Title and statement of responsibility area
G. Wilson Craw collection.
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- G. Wilson Craw
Physical description area
12.5 cm of textual records.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
G. Wilson Craw started work at the Peterborough Examiner in 1926 and worked his way, from a cub reporter to Executive Editor. He was interested in municipal affairs and for years reported the City Council and Board of Education news. He took an active part in developing the City's educational system. For 16 years he was a member of the Board of Education and a past Chairman. His articles on the Mayors of Peterborough were compiled by the Examiner in 1967 in a book entitled "The Peterborough Story: Our Mayors 1850-1951". The work is an important chronicle dealing with the major events of the City's history.
This collection was created by and in the custody of G. Wilson Craw until he donated it to the Trent University Archives.
Scope and content
This collection consists of records collected by G. Wilson Craw such as school histories, Peterborough County; Barnardo's Canadian Homes Almanac 1901; a list of Peterborough Utilities Commissioners 1902-1965; biographies of Peterborough residents; deeds and mortgages; North Monaghan voters list 1883-4; 76 photographs of industries, schools and churches and sporting groups, as well as a history of Springfield, North Monaghan. Genealogical resource.
Some records are becoming fragile. Handle with care.
Immediate source of acquisition
This collection donated by G. Wilson Craw.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Over-sized items in Large Materials Cabinet - Drawer 31.
School Histories by Township
Anthruther, Norwood, Havelock and a summary
Belmont and Methuen
Peterborough Examiner - miscellaneous salaries and editorials
St. Giles Presbyterian Church pamphlet - miscellaneous St. Paul's Presbyterian Church calendars- annual statement - 1 8 x 10 black and white photograph of unidentified church organist - 2 black and white photos of St. Pauls Presbyterian Church.
- T. J. Allen
- Arnold Mathews
- G. B. Hall
- Thomas William Robinson
- Fredrick, Ernset Victor
- Roszel, Frank
- Eason, David Evans
- Spence, John, H.
- Armstrong, Simon Robert
- Routly, William James
- Bryans, James
- Benor, George Alfred
- Squire, Bernard William
- Coughlin, Martin P.
- Gall, George Thomas
- Fraser, Jacob Wells
- Carruthers, George
- Malott, Fredrick
- Gifford, Francis Darrel
- Henderson, William George
- Samuel, Dickson - in letter from great-granddaughter
- H. A. Morrow
Typescript from F. H. Dobbins Historical Index (set at Peterborough Public Library) - 2 copies
- mortgage in Fee 1864 William Blaine to the Canada Permanent
- indenture of bargain and sale 1981
- disaster service directory
- list of Commissioners of Peterborough Utilities Commission 1902-1905
- Short history of Bell
- property tittle search
- resident and non-resident assessment role Dummer 1865
- Map of Lower and Upper Canada 1807
- Souvenir Edition of Examiner (50 years) June 1943
- Barnardo's Canadian Homes Almanac for 1901 : in large materials cabinet Drawer 31
- Agreement between Liquor Dealers and Tavern Keepers of Peterborough to pay license May 1889- May 1890.
- Deed of S.E. Quarter of Block 4 in 3rd range South centre Avenue in Wesleyan Methodist Cemetery to Mrs. Ann Knox
- Unsigned, undated letter about Ritchie Ryerson.
- Indenture between Nichols Hospital Trust and The Corporation of the City of Peterborough 9, Nov. 1945.
- Deed of N. Half Block 4 in the first range to William Foster 1851.
- Part of Mr. Samuel Keefer's Report Board of Works Montreal, 23 April 1846.
- reference to Lyons survey of canal.
- mentions necessity of locks and damns to make Otonabee navigate.
- Detailed Statement of Receipts and Expenditures of the Township of North Monaghan 1884.
- Voters list. Municipality of the Township of North Monaghan 1884.
- same for 1883.
- Pamphlet for Service of Remembrance St. Paul's Presbyterian Church Sunday Nov. 6, 1949, list members who enlisted and those killed in action.
- aerial view of Liftlocks x2
- Quaker Oats x4
- Peterborough Lock Manufacture Co. x4
- Canadian General Electric
- Brighton-Peterborough Carpet Ltd.
- Domtar, Alpha Laval, on Park near Lansdowne.
- The Armoury, Murray Street
- Wesclox and King George Public School Hunter Street
- Peterborough Lumber Co.
- View from back (Park Street in foreground)
- London Street
- Aerial views Little Lake Cemetery
- Aerial view downtown (town clock)
- View of industrial area
- Miscellaneous aerial views
1 - Edith Johnson nurse at Nicholls
2 and 3 Examiner Road Race 1907
4 - soccer team
5 - Lacrosse Team National Champions July 1878
6 - hunting in the Kawartha's 1913
7 - hockey team
8 - class picture
9 - Indian in canoe used in Examiner
10 - Peterborough Choral Society 1914
11 - Miscellaneous group picture
12 - Miscellaneous - Peterborough Post Office Building Water and Hunter Streets
1818-1867: A History of Springville Area and Congregation by G. Wilson Craw.
- 1 serigraph "The Scenery of the Northern Lakes of Canada"
- Oversized material in large materials cabinet: Drawer 31
- Peterborough Canoe Club 1880
- Examiner Hockey Team 1907
- Lakefield Preparatory School First Hockey Team 
- Knocker Hockey Team 1907.
- Barnardo's Almanac, 1901