Title and statement of responsibility area
Edward C. Caddy fonds. Additions.
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Edward C. Caddy
Physical description area
2 photocopy prints
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Edward C. Caddy (1815-1897) was a land surveyor who learned his trade in Peterborough between 1839 and 1842. He was also a painter in the Trent Valley District. His landscapes were primarily in water colour.
This fonds was in the custody of Helen, granddaughter of Edward Caddy, and Gordon Roper before it was donated to the Trent University Archives.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of two photocopies of drawings of early Peterborough by Edward C. Caddy. The first is a drawing of Conger Hill, 1839-1842, and the second is a drawing of the Courthouse and St. John's Church, 1839.
The photocopies are very faded and the details of the drawings are difficult to discern.
Immediate source of acquisition
The fonds was donated by Mrs. Helen Roper, great granddaughter of John Caddy, September, 1968.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
There are several unaccessioned original sketches and watercolours in the custody of Trent University Archives - Please consult the archivist for access.