Showing 134 results

Places
Places term Scope note Archival description count People, organizations, and families count
Abbott House
  • Abbott House, 754 Water St., was built in 1901-2 by the Kendry family who moved there after spending 10 years in their former home located at 751 George St. which was later purchased by James Stratton. Abbott House is explicitly mentioned in Kendry's will probated in 1919 and was bequeathed to his daughter Gertrude Burnham to live in throughout her life. Part of Peter Robinson College.
0 0
Adamson Power House
  • Named in 1987 after Stan Adamson, a member of Trent's First Board of Governors; the power house was donated to the University by the Canadian General Electric Company.
0 0
Agnes Neill Health Services Centre
  • Named for Agnes Campbell Neill who was a pioneer in Canadian nursing and became Matron-in-Chief of Canadian nurses who served during the Second World War.
  • To be used for records about the building, not the administrative unit.
0 0
Algonquin Provincial Park 5 1
Antarctica 1 0
Arctic 2 0
Arnprior, Ontario 1 0
Athletic Building
  • Named after P.S.B. Wilson, the first Director of Athletics at Trent University; the pool is named after Fl. Lt. Allan Marshall, an “outstanding swimmer from Peterborough in the '40s” who held five Canadian swimming records; as early as 1948 he indicated in a conversation with Robertson Davies, editor of the Peterborough Examiner, that he was a strong supporter of a proposed university in Peterborough; the building was first built in 1977 and renovated in 2010.
  • To be used for records about the building, not the administrative unit.
1 0
Bagnani Hall
  • Bagnani Hall is part of Traill College. Designed by Lett Architects (2010)
  • To be used for records about the building, not the administrative unit.
1 0
Bancroft, Ontario 1 0
Barry's Bay, Ontario 1 0
Bata Library
  • The building was designed by Ronald H. Thom (1968-1969), opened in fall 1969, and was renovated in 1993-1994 (architect, Sampson Baird) and 2017-2018. The Bata Library was named for Thomas J. Bata, “in recognition of Mr. Bata's generous gift to the Development Fund for the completion of the library project”; “internationally respected industrialist, generous benefactor, and dedicated member of the Board of Governors in the Challenging Pioneer Years of Trent University.”
  • To be used for records about the building, not the administrative unit.
1 0
Beaverton, Ontario 1 0
Belleville, Ontario 1 0
Bobcaygeon, Ontario 2 0
Bon Echo Provincial Park 1 0
Bowmanville, Ontario 2 0
Bracebridge, Ontario 1 0
Bradburn House
  • Bradburn House, part of Traill College, was leased by the University from 1983-1991 and was acquired by the University in 1991.. It is named after Thomas Bradburn, whose family lived in the house from 1870-1909. The house was built for Bradburn some time between 1863 and 1870 but most probably around 1870. Bradburn was a prominent businessman who built the Bradburn Opera House (now gone). Bradburn House became an orphanage in 1909 and later became the Balmoral Nursing Home.
0 0
Burleigh Falls, Ontario 1 0
Campbellford, Ontario 3 0
Canada 0 0
Carleton County, Ontario 1 0
Castleton, Ontario 1 0
Catchacoma Lake, Ontario 1 0
Results 1 to 25 of 134