Fonds 96-1003 - Hope Township (Ontario) survey records fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Hope Township (Ontario) survey records fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record
  • Architectural drawing

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

96-1003

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

Physical description area

Physical description

3 items
2 architectural drawings

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

The Township of Hope is located in Durham County approximately 60 miles east of Toronto. It is surrounded by Northumberland, Cavan and Clarke townships, and Lake Ontario to the south. In 1792 Governor Simcoe issued the proclamation dividing Upper Canada into townships and the Township of Hope was formed. The township was named after Colonel Henry Hope, who was the Lieutenant Governor of Quebec from 1785-1789. (taken from The History of the Township of Hope by Harold Reeve, 1967).

Custodial history

Scope and content

This fonds consists of one 1850 notebook entitled "J.K. Roche's Field Notes, Port Hope" which contains survey notes on properties in Port Hope, Canada West, and which belonged to the estate of John D. Smith. There are also two survey documents describing Lot 3, Concession 1 in Hope Township which is signed by John K. Roche and is dated July 20, 1844, and one which is signed by Geo. A. Stewart, Ward, and is undated. Also included in the fonds are three unidentified and undated school building architectural drawings.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

The fonds was donated from an unknown source.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

None

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

For related records see: 76-041 and 77-1016.

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres