Fonds 91-1029 - University of Toronto. Hart House dedication program

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

University of Toronto. Hart House dedication program

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on content of fonds.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

91-1029

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 11 Nov. 1919; 5 June 1924 (Creation)
    Creator
    University of Toronto. Hart House

Physical description area

Physical description

2 items

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

Hart House was opened in 1919 at the University of Toronto, Ontario. It was a gift to the University by the Massey Foundation. Built by two Canadian architects, Sproatt and Rolph, it had a dining-hall for undergraduates, a faculty club, club rooms for graduate members, a music room, a chapel, a library, a room for debates, a completely equipped little theatre, a sketch room and various offices plus a running track, rooms for boxing, fencing and wrestling, a swimming pool, a billiard room, photographic dark rooms, a rifle range, common-rooms and guest rooms. Hart House was essentially a club for men. (Taken from: Wallace, W. Stewart. A History of the University of Toronto. Toronto: The University of Toronto Press, 1927.)

Custodial history

Scope and content

This fonds consists of a dedication program of Hart House at the University of Toronto on 11 November 1919. There is also a souvenir folder regarding the dedication of the Soldier's Tower with a colour etching of the Tower from 5 June 1924.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

This fonds was donated from an unknown source.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

None

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Associated material located at University of Toronto.

For related records see: 89-1008.

Related materials

Accruals

General note

Located in Large Materials Cabinet - Drawer 32.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres