Collection 69-1004 - St. Andrew's Church, Peterborough collection

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

St. Andrew's Church, Peterborough collection

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description


Reference code


Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


  • 1833-1933 (Creation)
    St. Andrew's Church

Physical description area

Physical description

1 item.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

St. Andrew's Church, originally a Presbyterian Congregation, was formally organized in Peterborough in 1833 by Reverend J. Morrice Roger of the Established Church of Scotland. The first place of worship was a rented building located on the north side of King Street, west of Aylmer Street. On May 30, 1835, St. Andrew's Church received a Crown grant which included the land on which the church now stands. In 1836, the first church building was built, made entirely of stone quarried from property owned by the church. By 1884, it was decided by the congregation that a new church building was necessary. The cornerstone was laid June 29, 1885, and on May 2, 1886, the new St. Andrew's Church was formally opened and dedicated. In 1924, St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church became St. Andrew's United Church.

Custodial history

Scope and content

This item is carbon copy of a typescript history of St. Andrew's United Church titled "One Hundred Years' History of St. Andrew's Church, Peterborough 1833-1933." It was written and later published by E. Bruce Fowler.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

This item was donated by G. Wilson Craw.


Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access


Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Other records of St. Andrew's United Church, Peterborough can be found at St. Andrew's.

Related materials


Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Language of description

Script of description


Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres