Title and statement of responsibility area
Jean Murray Cole fonds. Additions.
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Jean Murray Cole
Physical description area
24 cm of textual records.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Jean Murray Cole (1927- ), former journalist, is a historian and writer with special interest in the history of Peterborough County and in the 19th century fur trade. She was formerly president of the Peterborough Historical Society and has published many books including Exile in Wilderness, and histories of several townships in Peterborough County such as The Loon Calls. Alfred O.C. Cole, husband of Jean Murray Cole, joined Trent University as Registrar and secretary of Senate in 1966. He was also a member of the history department and held the position of University Historian. He co-edited the Peterborough Historical Atlas, and in 1992, published "The Making of a University, 1957-1987". Alf Cole died in 1996.
Fonds was in the custody of Jean Murray Cole before it was donated to Trent University Archives in November 2005.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of research notes, reports, and clippings on indigenous peoples in the Peterborough area, Margaret Laurence, Catharine Parr Traill, and local historical subjects.
Immediate source of acquisition
Fonds acquired from Jean Murray Cole in November 2005.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
This fonds, along with 03-009, is an addition to 99-1000.
For related records see: 75-1030, 77-030, 82-003, 84-004, 84-020, 88-014, 89-001, 89-1023, 91-1025, 93-024, and 95-002.
- Files relating to Margaret Laurence; includes correspondence
- Correspondence and reports generated by the Planning Committee for the Peterborough Liftlock Centenary, 2002-2003.
- Notes and correspondence re Friends of the Bata Library Acquisitions Committee, 1983-1994
- Curve Lake and Rice Lake natives: reports & newspaper clippings
- The Rossdale Flats Project, 2003: reports and correspondence
- Materials relating to the Juniper Island Canoe Regatta, 1883, and the Jean Murray Cole manuscript for Nastawgan
- Tshimakain Mission, Jean Murray Cole manuscript, 1986
- Correspondence and manuscript relating to the book, Portraits; Jean Murray Cole manuscript on Catharine Parr Traill
- Molly Thom play (This Beggardly Wooded Country)
- Playscript "Susannah"; 2nd version, 1981, by Ann Joyce & Beth Hopkins
- Professor William Morton autobiographical manuscript with accompanying note from Margaret Laurence, 1986
- Jean Murray Cole manuscript "Lady Travellers", 1980