Item 02-1002 - View of Ashburnham from the Tower of St. John's Church c. 1874 / James Little Photographs courtesy of the Peterborough Museum and Archives

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

View of Ashburnham from the Tower of St. John's Church c. 1874 / James Little Photographs courtesy of the Peterborough Museum and Archives

General material designation

  • Graphic material

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on the printed title of the items.

Level of description

Item

Reference code

02-1002

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 2001 (Creation)
    Creator
    View of Ashburnham from the Tower of St. John's Church c. 1874 / James Little Photographs courtesy of the Peterborough Museum and Archives

Physical description area

Physical description

2 items

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

The village of Ashburnham was situated in the north-west portion of Otonabee Township in Peterborough County. It is believed that Presbyterian minister, Reverend Samuel Armour, who arrived from Scotland in 1826, was its first settler. Prior to 1904, the village was a municipality of the County of Peterborough; in 1904, it was annexed by the City of Peterborough.

Custodial history

These items were donated to Trent University Archives in 2002 by Ken Brown via Professor Elwood Jones.

Scope and content

Items are reproductions of photographs depicting a view of Ashburnham from the tower of St. John's Church, c.1874. The View was constructed from two James Little photographs located at Peterborough Centennial Museum and Archives. One item is a print identified as proof number 9/10; the other is a reduced copy of the View with attached legend showing the names of the buildings.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

These items were acquired from Ken Brown in 2002.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

None

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

For related records see: 84-010, 93-008, 94-001, and 01-1024.

Related materials

Accruals

General note

Items located in the Large Materials Cabinet - Drawer 41.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area