Title and statement of responsibility area
Edward C. Caddy fonds. Additions.
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1840, 1995 (Creation)
- Caddy, Edward C.
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Edward C. Caddy (1815-1897) was a land surveyor who learned his trade in Peterborough between 1839 and 1842. He was also a painter in the Trent Valley District. His landscapes were primarily in water colour.
This fonds was in the custody of Professor Gordon Roper before it was donated to Trent University Archives in February 2001.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of 7 watercolours done by Edward C. Caddy. Likely locale of some of the paintings was supplied by Professor Gordon Roper; these locations include Scotland (2), Gull Lake, Stoney Lake, Lake Superior. Two have no indication of location. Also included is a two section map showing Herriots Mill near Kitchiwannoe Lake, and a map (mockup) of Peterborough, Ontario entitled "Location of Built Heritage (demolished and standing) in relation to the MNR building site", 1995.
Immediate source of acquisition
This fonds was donated by Professor Gordon Roper.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Fonds located in Large Materials Cabinet - Drawer 39.