Title and statement of responsibility area
Peterborough Normal School collection
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Peterborough Normal School
Physical description area
1 cm of textual records.
1 photograph : 14 negatives.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Peterborough Normal School was officially opened on September 15, 1908 and operated until the late 1960's. The school was located in Peterborough, Ontario, and several hundred teachers were trained there over the years of operation. The first principal was Duncan Walker.
Scope and content
This collection consists of 14 photograph negatives of Peterborough Normal School, undated, and portraying people and the grounds of the school. The negatives are enclosed in a J.J. Gilfillan, Orono, Ontario, photographer's envelope, with the name Calvin Hamm, Orono, Ontario written on it. Calvin Hamm was born on March 28, 1909 at Orono, son of Ernest Hamm and Florence Hughson. He was appointed Principal of the Morley Consolidated School at Stratton in September 1935 and received his B.A. at Western University in June 1943. He later taught high school in Fort Frances (taken from a typed information enclosure which accompanies the collection). Also included is a Peterborough Normal School Christmas Card, undated; a Peterborough Normal School Literary Society invitation, 1930; and a photograph of the "Floating Bridge, Bridgenorth, Chemong Lake, 1933."
Immediate source of acquisition
This collection was donated by an unknown source.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access