Title and statement of responsibility area
Canadian Federation University Women's Club of Peterborough fonds. Additions.
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Canadian Federation University Women's Club of Peterborough
Physical description area
24 cm of textual records.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The University Women's Club of Peterborough adopted a new name on 26 February 1991 and became the Canadian Federation of University Women Peterborough Club. At that time they adopted a new constitution. The University Women's Club of Peterborough was founded in March 1937 as a member club of the Canadian Federation of University Women. The International Federation of University Women was founded in Europe in the Spring of 1919. On their return to Canada, delegates to that meeting from University Women's Clubs in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Winnipeg and other Canadian cities met again in August 1919 to create the Canadian Federation of University Women, with Mrs. Margaret Stovel McWilliams of the Winnipeg Club as President. The Canadian organization's aims were to promote the highest standards of education at all levels, to encourage participation in public affairs in the political, economical and cultural fields, and to safeguard and improve the economic, legal and professional status of women in Canada and the World. The International Federation of University Women aims to promote understanding among women of different cultures. There are Member Federations of the IFUW throughout the world and member Clubs of CFUW in all parts of Canada.
This fonds was created by the Canadian Federation of University Women Peterborough Club and in the custody of Kathleen Bowley until it was donated to Trent University Archives.
Scope and content
This fonds consists of Canadian Federation of University Women Peterborough Club conference reports, a book entitled "Seventy Five Years of CFUW", newsletters, a radio script, a speech entitled "Women Medical Pioneers", and other miscellaneous papers.
Immediate source of acquisition
This fonds was donated by Kathleen R. Bowley.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
For associated material see the "Canadian Women's Movement 1960-1990: A Guide to Archival Resources" located in Trent University Archives Reading Room.
This fonds along with 89-003, 89-010, 90-010, and 95-012 are additions to 88-008. Further accruals are expected.
The Canadian Federation of University Women Peterborough Club was formerly known as the University Women's Club of Peterborough.
1: Review (newsletter), July 1995; CFUW Journal, vol.27, no.3, 1993; vol.27, no. 1, 4, 1994
2:CFUW newsletter "The Communicator", May 1994 - May 1996
3:Script for Mock Radio Programme, March 1995; speech "Women Medical Pioneers" about Dr. Agnes Moffat, March 28, 1995
4:Newsletters relating to V. Gidersleeve International Fund for University Women and other miscellaneous papers relating to CFUW
Loose in the box:
CFUW Peterborough Club: Minutes vol. 19 & vol. 20, 1994 - 1996
CFUW Annual meeting, August 11 - 14, 1994, Winnipeg, Manitoba
CFUW Annual meeting, July 21 - 23, 1995, St. Catherines, Ontario
CFUW Annual meeting, August 15 - 18, 1996, St. John's, Newfoundland
Book, Seventy Five Years of CFUW, 1994