Title and statement of responsibility area
Camp Kawabi fonds.
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Camp Kawabi
Physical description area
30.5 cm of textual materials.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Camp Kawabi is located 209 km north of Toronto on Big Hawk Lake, which is 32 km north of Minden, Ontario. The camp was a residential boys' camp, operating in the summer, for children between the ages of seven and fifteen.
This fonds was created by Ron Perry and in his custody until he donated it to the Trent University Archives.
Scope and content
This fonds consists of books, correspondence, invoices, receipts and legal papers relating to Camp Kawabi on Big Hawk Lake, Ontario.
Immediate source of acquisition
This fonds was donated by Ron Perry.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
For related records see: 82-016 (Ronald Perry fonds); 72-007, 78-006, 82-019, 84-019, 85-011, 86-008, 88-006, 89-015, 92-005 and 92-021 (Ontario Camping Association); 74-007, 78-004, 80-014, 82-012, 82-016, 83-002, 85-014, 86-022, 88-007, 92-004 and 93-022 (Canadian Camping Association).
Books and Pamphlets
Note: the books and pamphlets listed below are shelved with a camping books collection in the manuscript room:
- Wildwood Wisdom, Ellsworth Jaegar New York: Macmillian Co. 1946.
- At Home in the Woods, Vena and Bradford Angier New York: Sheridan House, 1951.
- Wilderness Wife, Katherine Pinkerton New York: Corrick and Evans Inc., 1939.
- A Complete Guide to Canoeing, Carl Monk and Jerome Knap Toronto: Pagurian Press, 1976.
- The Canoe and Whitewater, C.E.S. Franks Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1977.
- Early Canadian Sketches, Mrs. Jameson Toronto: Burns and MacEachern Ltd., 1958.
- Buckskin Cookery, Gwen Lewis Quesnell: Gwen Lewis, 1957.
- The Castle Buck, Phil H. Moore Toronto: Longmans, Green and Co., 1945.
- The Call of Algonquin, Mary G. Hamilton Toronto: Ryerson Press, 1958.
- Under Open Skies, Mary S. Edgar Toronto: Clarke, Irwin and Co., 1955.
- On The Beam, Toronto: 1952.
- Memory's Wall, Flora McCrea Eaton Toronto: Clarke, Irwin and Co., 1956.
- History of the Sheas and Birth of a Township, Bert Shea.
- Goodtimes Around the Campfire, La Rue A. Thurston New York: Association Press, 1967.
- Canoe Country, Florence Page Jaques Minneapolis: University University of Minnesota Press, 1938.
- Notes and Sketches on the History of Parry Sound, ed: Stan Brunton 1970.
- Bolger Bound.
1: Correspondence with shareholders in R.H. Perry Camps, Ltd. 1957-1971.
2: Correspondence and documents relating to the sale of Camp Kawabi and adjacent lots, 1965-1977.
3: Financial records: receipts, audited financial statements, stock certifications, tax and insurance data, 1962-1977.
4: Correspondence and documents concerning the final wrap-up of the company (R.H. Perry Camps Ltd)
5: Staff and camper lists; receipts, transportation lists and accounts: 1961-1966.
(a) bound volume: official record of R.H. Perry Camps Limited (stock transfer records, by- laws, minutes of directors' meetings): 1956- 1974.
(b) The Muskoka Lakes Association Year Book, 1974.
(c) Legal pressure seal (on shelve in Archives Office)