Item 76-1000 - Havelock Electric Light and Power Company Limited letters patent

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Havelock Electric Light and Power Company Limited letters patent

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on the contents of the item.

Level of description

Item

Reference code

76-1000

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 21 Mar. 1903 (Creation)
    Creator
    Havelock Electric Light and Power Company Limited

Physical description area

Physical description

1 item

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

In 1903 it was decided by the people of the village of Havelock, Ontario, that the construction of a hydro power supply plant was necessary and possible. The chosen site was located at Burnt Dam, six miles north of Havelock, in Belmont Township. It was estimated that the financial outlay to undertake this project would be $8,000. To raise the money, steps were taken to form a joint stock company to be known as the Havelock Electric Light and Power Company Ltd. Very quickly all of the stocks were sold and a generating building was constructed on the chosen site. From 1903 to 1920 the Havelock Electric Light and Power Company Ltd. supplied electricity to users in Havelock at a flat rate of $2.00 per month. In March, 1920, a contract was made with Ontario Hydro and power in the village was then supplied by the Havelock Hydro Commission. (Taken from: Hunter, Harold R. Havelock Through the Years. Belleville: Mika Publishing Company, 1990.)

Custodial history

Scope and content

This item is a letters patent incorporating the Havelock Electric Light and Power Company, dated March 21, 1903 and recorded by the Deputy Provincial Registrar on March 25, 1903.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

This item was donated from an unknown source.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

None

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres