Title and statement of responsibility area
Rosemary McConkey collection. Additions
General material designation
- Textual record
- Cartographic material
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on the creator of the collection.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Rosemary McConkey
Physical description area
50 cm of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Rosemary McConkey was educated at the University of Western Ontario, Ohio State University and the University of Chicago. She holds a Master of Science degree and has worked as a dietitian, nutritionist and health educator at such institutions as South Chicago Community Hospital, Mercy Hospital and Medical Center Chicago, Montreal General Hospital, St. Joseph's Hospital and Peterborough Civic Hospital in Peterborough Ontario. McConkey was also Assistant Professor in the Department of Preventative Medicine at Ohio State University. She has been active in many venues as a health and nutrition consultant and teacher including being Director of Research and Development at the International Heath Awareness Centre in Michigan. Her last position before retiring was as Chief Therapeutic Dietitian at Peterborough Civic Hospital.
This fonds was created by and in the custody of Rosemary McConkey before it was donated to Trent University Archives in 2011.
Scope and content
Collection consists of an inventory of land locations for early settlers and inhabitants of Ops Township from the initial survey of the township in 1825 to 1872. It includes census information and assessments of households, various voter's lists, many Ops Township documents and one map for the 1839 Assessment Roll. The collection also includes a variety of cookbooks, recipes, food preparation manuals for specific cooking devices, and research notes.
Some of the items are fragile. They have been encapsulated in mylar.
Immediate source of acquisition
Collection acquired in 2011 from Rosemary McConkey.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
This collection is an addition to 08-020.
Map located in Large Materials Cabinet - Drawer 52.
We gratefully acknowledge the assistance of students in Fleming College's 2011 Archival Management class who helped to process this collection.
Ops Township: Research material
- 1874 Voter's List
- OPS Township Papers
- 1861 OPS Census and Agriculture Census
- 1839 and 1841 OPS Census Assessment
- Preliminary Research Sources A, C, D, E, G-L
- Photocopied Research Materials (Not to be copied)
Loose on Shelf:
"An Inventory of Locations for Early Inhabitants of Ops Township in the Colborne district (Victoria County) ca 1825-1872." A two-volume set by Peter E. McConkey, 2003.
Binder 1 - Volume 1: The Inventory (1825-1872)
Binder 2 - Volume 2: The Sources (1825-1872)Large Materials Cabinet - Drawer 52:
Map: Settlers in Ops Township As Recorded in the 1839 Land Inspection Report & the 1839 Assessment Roll (Research: Rosemary McConkey 2003)
Cookbooks (numbered 1- 12)
- Daily Calendar and Cook Book, Nugent Drug Co., 1910
- Warne's Year Book, The Warne Drug Co. Ltd., 1913
- Warne's Year Book, The Warne Drug Co. Ltd., 1914
- Helpful Hints for Housekeepers, Volume IV. The Dodds Medicine Co., 1914
- Cow Brand Baking Soda: Cookbook and Facts Worth knowing, Church & Dwight, Limited, 1918.
- Potatoes and How to Cook Them, Ottawa, ON: Canada Food Board, 1918.
- Metropolitan Cookbook, Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, 1918.
- Women's World Calendar Cook Book, Ida Bailey Allen, Women's World Magazine, 1922.
- Knox On-Camera Recipes: A Completely New Guide to Gel-Cookery, Knox Gelatine (Canada) Ltd., 1961
- The Horizon Cookbook, Illustrated History I, Menus and Recipes II. American Heritage Publishing Company, 1968.
- Belleville General Hospital Auxiliary Treats of '78, Belleville General Hospital Auxiliary, 1978.
- Food Service and Hospitality Magazine, May 1994.
- Handwritten notes, photocopies from various sources of food preparation methods
- Recipe cards, recipe cut-outs, handwritten recipes
Cookbooks (numbered 1- 45)
- Patented and Improved Methods of Preserving and Canning Fruits, Vegetables and also Pickling Fruits and Vegetables, Rondout, New York: Northwestern Publishers and Patent Rights Specialist, 1980.
- Blue Ribbon and Pure Gold Cookbook, 17th Edition. Blue Ribbon Manufacturing Co., 1905
- The New Cookery, Lenna Frances Cooper, Good Health Publishing Company, 1914.
- The Story of Crisco: 250 Tested Recipes, Marion Harris Neil, Hamilton, ON: Proctor & Gamble of Canada, 1915.
- Meat for the Family, High-School Girls of the United States, National Livestock and Meat Board, 1925.
- The Cook's Book, K. C. Baking Powder, 1926.
- Canada's Prize Recipes, Canada Starch Co., 1930.
- Watkins Cookbook, J. R. Watkins Co., 1935.
- The Housewives Yearbook of Health and Homemaking, London, ON: Kellogg, 1937.
- Baking Made Easy, Robin Hood Flour Mills Ltd., 1938.
- Robertshaw Measured Meat Cookbook, Robertshaw-Hulton Controls Company, 1949.
- International Harvester Refrigerator Recipes, International Harvester Company, 1950.
- G. E. C. Cookery Book, The Canadian General Electric Company Ltd., 1956.
- Metropolitan Cookbook, Metropolitan Life Insurance Co., 1957
- Home Vegetable Growing, Agriculture Canada, 1959.
- Good Recipes, St. Mary's Ladies Guild, 1967.
- 1904 Christmas Edition Gold Medal Flour Cookbook, General Mills, reprinted 1970.
- Freezing Foods, Agriculture Canada, 1974.
- Cereals Anytime, Agriculture Canada, 1975.
- The Pampered Pickle, Sifto Salt-Domtar Chemical Group, 1975.
- Canning Canadian Fruits and Vegetables, Agriculture Canada, 1976
- Jams Jellies and Pickles, Agriculture Canada, 1976.
- Greens n' Things, Anne Borella, Sifto Salt-Domtar Chemicals Ltd.
- The Easy Way Cake Book for Beginner's and Best of Cooks, Anna-Lee Scott, Maple Leaf Milling Company.
- 51 Ways to a Man's Heart, Montreal, Anna-Lee Scott, Family Herald and Weekly Stan.
- 161 New Ways to a Man's Heart, True Story Magazine Readers.
- Borden's Eagle Brand Book of Recipes, The Borden Company, Limited.
- Buying Beef for the Freezer, Beef Information Center. [two variant copies]
- Cooking Electrically, Peterborough, ON: Peterborough Utilities Commission.
- Cooking Favourites of Fraserville, Fraserville, ON: United Church Women.
- Delicious Dainties, St. James United Church.
- Favourite Recipes of A.C.W., Peterborough, ON: St. Albans Anglican Church of Peterborough.
- Heatmaster Automatic Electric Roasters.
- Instant Baking with Robin Hood Instant Blended Flour, Rob Hood Instant Baking Flour Co.
- Jell-O, Canada's Most Famous Dessert, The Genesee Pure Food Company of Canada.
- Merrill's Family Catalogue: Cookbook and Medical Guide.
- Money Saving Meal-Making Ideas, Sifto Salt-Domtar Chemical Group.
- Save on Your Beef Buying Dollar, Beef Information Center.
- Table and Kitchen, Chicago, IL: Price Baking Powder Co.
- Talking Turkey, Canadian Turkey Manufacturing Company.
- The Art of Cooking in Westwood, Westwood, ON: St. Andrews United Church Women.
- The Magic Cookbook, Standard Brands Ltd.
- The Edwardsburg Recipe Book, Canada Starch Company.
- Your Guidebook to Greater Enjoyment of Your New General Electric Refrigerator, Canadian General Electric Co. Limited.
- Your Hydro Presents the Magic of Electrical Appliances, Your Hydro.