Title and statement of responsibility area
North: Environment and Development
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
[ca. 1972] (Creation)
Physical description area
1 folder of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Scope and content
File consists of Prof. John Wadland’s subject file on northern environments and development. This file consists of booklets written on topics including design of spillway models, effects of oil spills, Canadian arctic resource committee, nature conservation, and arctic resource research needs.
Publications include the following:
- Indian and Northern Affairs. North of 60: Design of a Model Spillway for Tailings Operations in Northern Regions (1973-74)
- Indian and Northern Affairs. North of 60: Effects of Oil Spillage on Microorganism in Northern Canadian Soils (1974-75)
- Canadian Arctic Resources Committee. Terrestrial Environments (Vegetation and Permafrost) prepared for the National Workshop on People, Resource and the Environment North of '60, by J. Lambert, May 1972.
- EAMES. The Achievements of an Environmental Program. 1981.
- IUCN Bulletin. International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources. April/June 1970.
- A Look at the Future of Hazardous Contamination of the Circumpolar Environment, by Kingsley Kay, 1967.
- LNG Pipelines in Arctic Regions by Graham Walker, 1968.
- The Role of Indians and Eskimos in the Canadian Mining Industry, by Andrew J. Freyman and Graham T. Armstrong, 1969
- Canadian Arctic Resources Committee. Aquatic Resources in the Canadian North: Knowledge, Dangers, and Research needs, prepared for the National Workshop on People, Resources and the Environment North of '60. By J.B. Sprague, May 1972.
- Land Regulation in the Canadian North. Peter J. Usher and Grahame Beakhust, Canadian Arctic Resources Committee, November 1973.