This collection consists of a number of photographs which include John Butcher, sexton of St. John's Church in Peterborough. There is one photograph of his family outside their home as well as one photograph of John at age 34. There are also a number of photographs of the Hastings Lock, Healey's Falls and steam logging and boat with log boom. There is also one photograph of William Dawson's house in South Monaghan from 1910; a photograph of "Strathormond" in Peterborough and the Champion soccer team of Fairview School from around the 1970's.
This fonds consists of research papers and notes pertaining to the publication of the Peterborough Historical Atlas in 1975 and the subsequent activities of the Peterborough Atlas Foundation. Genealogical resource.
This fonds consists of Young Women's Christian Association scrapbooks from 1976-1993, and a photograph of the YWCA swim club "The Silver Finnettes" from the 1930's. Also included are several identified and unidentified photographs of YWCA staff and volunteers, and of buildings. There are also slides of the staff, and miscellaneous slides.
This fonds consists of miscellaneous documents relating to the administration of the Peterborough Women's Committee. Also included is documentation relating to the project "Women Helping Women", as well as newsletters and annual reports.
This fonds consists of programmes, annual reports, a memorial certificate for the 90th anniversary of the Lyceum Club and signed by Peter Adams, photos of club events and award winners, etc., administrative papers, a scrapbook, and Rug Group log books.
Lyceum Club and Women's Art Association of Peterborough
This addition to the fonds consists of bird spotting forms for the Ontario Breeding Bird Atlas and Ontario Breeding Bird Atlas error forms. Also included in the fonds are numerous publications and newsletters from various naturalist clubs across Ontario.
This fonds consists of a book of typed recipes with "J.R. Ferguson" hand-written on the front cover. Its cover is hand-made with a coloured drawing of a woman carrying a platter with the name . Also included in the fonds is a letter on Hall & Furgason letterhead (Produce Commission Merchants, New York) from a son to his mother dated September 20, 1895. (Note different spelling of the name Ferguson/Furgason).
This collection consists of 41 reproductions of sketches including Toronto street scenes from 1882, Lindsay, Peterborough in 1882, Belleville, and Kingston, all in Ontario as well as some reproductions from sites in Quebec.
This accession consists of three letters, one dated January 27, 1981, one April 6, 1982, written by Margaret Laurence to Mary E. Hamilton, a college acquaintance, and one dated September 8, 1986. In the first, which is a photocopy, Laurence expresses her delight in the book "And Some Brought Flowers...", a copy of which Hamilton must have sent to her. She praises the illustrations and the text and suggests that her delight be passed on to Mary Alice Downie and E.J. Revell, co-authors of the book. In the second letter, which is an original, Laurence graciously acknowledges Hamilton's use of a quote in publicizing the "Flower" book. She also comments on the possibility of being nominated for the Nobel prize, asserting that her body of work is much too slim. An additional letter from Laurence dated September 1986 and addressed to Elizabeth Ritchie was forwarded to Trent University Archives in 1999 by the Canadian High Commission in London, England. The letter had been found inside a book and concerns Laurence's prognosis of cancer and her desire to complete her memoirs.
These documents pertain to property in the city of Peterborough (lot 8 on the north side of Townsend Street and on the south side of Dalhousie Street west of Aylmer St.) once owned by Reverend Vincent Clementi. They consist of deeds, mortgages, and include the will of Clementi and his wife Elizabeth. Grantors and mortgage holders include James Hall Sheriff, Allan Macdougall, J.D. Collins, George Barlee, Thomas and Jane Fairbairn, R. Boucher, Katherine Dennistoun, G. Stevenson, H.C. Rogers. Clementi bought the property in 1874.
This photograph includes portraits of 66 male graduates and 62 female graduates of the 1912-13 Peterborough Business College graduating class. Also included in the photograph are portraits of six instructors and administrators.
This item is a 4-page photocopy of an 1869 deed of land of property on the east shore of Little Lake, Peterborough, now known as Beavermead Park, which indicates that the land was once owned by Canada's first prime minister, Sir John A. Macdonald. The property at the time of his ownership was valued at $310.00.
This fonds consists of papers regarding Professor Annett's Ph.D. dissertation, and includes data and post-dissertation data. Also included are closed records relating to Science 101a and 101b at Trent University.
Fonds consists of correspondence, briefs, speeches, minutes, legal documents, copies of Treaties, budget documents, newsletters, bulletins and booklets pertaining to the Indian-Eskimo Association of Canada in the 1960s and 1970s. Also included are a few documents pertaining to Dr. Eleanor Wilma Sutherland and a Grandin College Yearbook belonging to Richard McNeely.