Title and statement of responsibility area
Christ Church, Bobcaygeon, Ontario fonds. Additions
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on the contents of the fonds.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Photocopied [between 1970 and 1975] (Creation)
- Christ Church, Bobcaygeon, Ontario
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
In 1869, Reverend C.W. Patterson was appointed to Bobcaygeon, Ontario. Previous to 1869, a sum of money had been collected and deposited in the Peterborough branch of the Bank of Toronto as a building fund for the construction of an Anglican Church in Bobcaygeon. It was decided in the same year that enough money had been collected and that a new church and parsonage should be built. Architect John E. Belcher was contracted to design and build the church and parsonage in 1870. On January 5, 1871, Christ Church was formally opened by the Lord Bishop of Toronto.
Copies of these records were originally created for Mossom Boyd and have been photocopied from the Boyd Papers, at the Library and Archives Canada. Reverend E.L. Straker obtained copies of the records and donated them to the Trent University Archives.
Scope and content
This addition to the fonds consists of photocopies of the records of Christ Church, Bobcaygeon, giving an outline history of the beginnings of the congregation and church construction, treasurer's accounts (Building Committee), Font Account (Reverend C.W. Paterson), Bazaar Account, and Liabilities Account (Building Committee). The records photocopied range from 1869 to 1881.
Immediate source of acquisition
The photocopies were donated by Reverend E.L. Straker, Christ Church, Bobcaygeon, Ontario.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Originals located at the Library and Archives Canada: MG 28 III Vol. 235.
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Associated material located at the Library and Archives Canada.
For related records see: 74-020, 75-004 and 75-1024.
This fonds is an addition to 75-004.