Title and statement of responsibility area
Nill family fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Nill family
Physical description area
12 cm of textual records.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Daniel Nill was a farmer who at one time owned the property at 1202 Morton Line in Cavan, Ontario. The fonds consists of items which were found on the property in 2001; they relate to Nill and to members of the Mason family.
Fonds was in the custody of Martha Hendriks before being donated to Trent University Archives in 2011.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of correspondence, tax receipts, pamphlets, and invitations found in a home purchased by Martha Hendriks in 2001. The home is located at 1202 Morton Line, Cavan, Ontario and was owned previously by a farmer named Daniel Nill (1915-). Included are letters written by Frances [ ], New York, to Daniel Nill between 1933 and 1940. Also included are letters, agreements, pamphlets, etc. associated with John Mason, William Mason, Orlie Mason, and G.A. Mason. These items are dated between 1886 and 1915.
The fonds was extremely dirty when received and in disarray; the documents may have been exposed to soot. Although the items have been cleaned with a soft cloth, researchers may wish to use a mask when handling them
Immediate source of acquisition
Fonds acquired from Martha Hendriks in 2011.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
- Agreement between James Mason and William Mason, 1886; share document 1893; W. Mason Ontario Agricultural College report card, n.d.; invitations including wedding invitation for Ella Brisbin and Alexander Brown, n.d.
- Receipts, tax documents, 1902-1916
- Miscellaneous pamphlets: "Ontario Agricultural and Experimental Union Co-operative Experiments in Apiculture 1915"; "Co-operative Experiments in Beekeeping"; Automobile Tires flyer, 1914; "Keep Honest Bees", 1915; "Private Property and Public Welfare" by Wm. Preston Hill, n.d.; etc.
- Correspondence: Mason family members, 1891; 1909-1915
- Correspondence: Frances [ ], New York, to Daniel Nill, 1933-1936
- as above, 1940
- Correspondence: undated; incomplete