Title and statement of responsibility area
A. Douglas Vaisey fonds
General material designation
- Textual record
- Graphic material
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on the creator of the fonds.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- A. Douglas Vaisey
Physical description area
24 cm of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
A. Douglas Vaisey (1920-2014) worked for several years within the court system in Peterborough, Ontario and was an active member of Grace United Church. He was adult advisor of the Kala-Chi-Hi-Y Club of the Peterborough Young Men's Christian Association, a member of the Peterborough Humane Society, and executive member of The House of Four Seasons. He was an avid long-distance walker.
This fonds was created by and in the custody of A. Douglas Vaisey before it was donated to Trent University Archives.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of minute books, correspondence, and related materials of Peterborough organizations and churches, including the Peterborough Humane Society, Grace United Church, St. James United Church Men's Club, the Kala-Chi-Hi-Y Club of the Peterborough Y.M.C.A., Trinity United Church, Trinity Young Peoples' Club, and Grace United Church Boat People Committee. Also included are minutes, notes, and correspondence of The House of Four Seasons, a men's retreat centre organized by the Peterborough Presbytery Men's Council.
Immediate source of acquisition
Fonds acquired from A. Douglas Vaisey.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
For related records see: 94-013.
- Peterborough Humane Society: minute book (1950-1955)
- Kala-Chi-Hi-Y Club of the Peterborough Young Men's Christian Association: constitution, forms, correspondence, etc. (1959-1960)
- St. James United Church Men's Club [Peterborough]: minute book (1958-1970); 3 unidentified photos of small groups of people loosely inserted
- Trinity United Church, Peterborough: pamphlets, 3 unidentified photos of large groups of people (1952, 1954)
- Trinity Young Peoples' Club [Peterborough]: membership book (1947-1952)
- Photograph with inscription: "Project painting widow's house on High St. during cleanup & paint up campaign, 1951"; several people identified in photo including "Doug Vaisey"
- Grace United Church, Peterborough: minute book of annual congregational meetings (1962-1966)
- Grace United Church Boat People Committee: correspondence, etc. (1980-1981)
- The House of Four Seasons: minutes, correspondence, etc. (1960-1968)
- as above
- as above
- as above
- The House of Four Seasons: incorporations documents, letters patent, undertaking documents (1959)