Title and statement of responsibility area
Trent University. Audio-Visual Department fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Trent University. Audio-Visual Department
Physical description area
30 cm (1 box)
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Audio-Visual Department was an academic support department set up to provide audio visual equipment, projectionists, other technical services and a media library service to the University community. Audio-Visual activities were divided into four distinct categories: distribution of audio visual equipment; film/video bookings - media library; language laboratory operations; and audio-visual productions. The Audio-Visual Department fells within the umbrella of the Library, and was directed administratively by the Head Librarian.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of records created and accumulated by the Trent University Audio-Visual Department.
Immediate source of acquisition
Records concerning the language laboratories at Trent University were forwarded from the audio-visual department in 1995. The records were accessioned as 95-018.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
None. Records are open.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
- Language lab and recording studio tenders. Recommendations from R.J. Thom equipment reports.
- Facility and enrolment projections for the labs.
- Furniture, switching equipment and sketches of language labs.
- Specifications: language labs, studios in library building and reports.
- Stewart House, lab specifications.
- Information pertaining to Chester Electronic Labs.
- Chester Electronic and Trent University correspondence.
- Language lab user correspondence.
- Service contracts for language lab equipment.
- Cost breakdown for language labs.
- Various correspondence concerning specifications and cost of language lab equipment.
- Cost estimation and schematic diagrams Electrohome equipment.
- Language Lab: Stewart House correspondence.