Title and statement of responsibility area
Camp Pine Crest fonds
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Camp Pine Crest
Physical description area
46 photographs : b&w, glass slides ; 8 x 8 cm.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Camp Pine Crest is a children's camp run by the Toronto YMCA. It was first opened in 1910, and moved to its current location in 1911. The first camp director was E.D. Otter. The camp is comprised of 650 acres (originally only 300 acres) and it is situated on the shores of Clear Lake, Gull Lake and Echo Lake, near Torrence in the Muskokas. Originally, Camp Pine Crest was established as a boys only camp, but in 1980 it became a co-ed camp.
The glass slides were taken by Charles Potter, of 16 Adelaide Street West, Toronto. They were in the custody of Camp Pine Crest until the fonds was donated to the Trent University Archives.
Scope and content
This addition to the fonds consists of 46 glass slides depicting a variety of camp scenes: people and activities, waterfront programme, visitors, sports day and other events. All of the slides were taken at Camp Pine Crest.
Immediate source of acquisition
The fonds was donated by Camp Pine Crest.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
This fonds is an addition to 78-009.
For related records see: 72-007, 78-006, 86-018, 88-006, 89-015, and 92-005.
Although the slides are undated, internal evidence suggests that they were taken around 1948-52. The slides are generally in good condition, and exhibit very few signs of deterioration. They bear the label of Charles Potter, 16 Adelaide Street West, a photographer whose work is not represented in the Guide to Canadian Photographic Archives, published by the Library and Archives Canada.
The slides are all black and white.
The slides are numbered from 1 to 50. There is an extra slide numbered 1A and slides 14, 30, 34, 47 and 48 are not included in this unit.