Cooper & Beatty, Limited

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Cooper & Beatty, Limited

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Cooper & Beatty, Limited was founded in 1921 by E. Cooper, L. Beatty and J.L. Pepper using the name Trade Composition Company. When Pepper left in 1926 the company was renamed to Cooper & Beatty. Until the Second World War it was essentially a trade typesetting company. In 1950 W.E. "Jack" Trevett acquired the company. Trevett shifted the focus to graphic design, for which Cooper & Beatty became known as one of the leading companies in the field. In 1964 the Trent University crest, as well as Trent's stationary and publications, were designed by Cooper & Beatty's designer, A. Crawford. In 1986 the company was sold to Jannock Corporation and although greatly reduced in size today, continues to operate under the name of Cooper & Beatty Services Ltd.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places