Showing 5 results

Archival description
Only top-level descriptions Item Settlement and Surveys
Print preview Hierarchy View:

Peter Robinson document cover

  • 96-1007
  • Item
  • 13 Nov. 1828

This item is a document cover sheet with an inscription "Glengary 13th Nov. 1828, Bishop McDonell, Cornwall, Private, 25 Nov., [to] The Honbl. Peter Robinson, His Majestys Wardon of Woods in Upper Canada & c., York".

Peter Robinson

Peter Robinson report

  • 92-1001
  • Item
  • 4 May 1827

This item is a report of the selection and despatch of the Irish immigrants that Peter Robinson settled in the Peterborough area in 1825, including names of the ships used, numbers carried, a list of townships in which the immigrants settled and the results of the harvests in 1826. A transcript of the report is included.

Peter Robinson

Romaine's Map of the Town of Peterborough and Village of Ashburnham / Robert Romaine

  • 01-1024
  • Item
  • 1875

Item is a map entitled Romaine's Map of the Town of Peterborough and Village of Ashburnham. It is "Compiled from Registered Plans and Actual Surveys", and is "Published by Robert Romaine, at the Office of the "Peterborough Review", Peterborough, Ont., 1875". Further description follows: scale equals 4 chains to 1 inch, size 164.5cm x 116cm, original, mounted on linen, laminated, 1875.

Romaine's Map of the Town of Peterborough and Village of Ashburnham / Robert Romaine

View of Ashburnham from the Tower of St. John's Church c. 1874 / James Little Photographs courtesy of the Peterborough Museum and Archives

  • 02-1002
  • Item
  • 2001

Items are reproductions of photographs depicting a view of Ashburnham from the tower of St. John's Church, c.1874. The View was constructed from two James Little photographs located at Peterborough Centennial Museum and Archives. One item is a print identified as proof number 9/10; the other is a reduced copy of the View with attached legend showing the names of the buildings.

View of Ashburnham from the Tower of St. John's Church c. 1874 / James Little Photographs courtesy of the Peterborough Museum and Archives

Beavermead Park land document

  • 97-1024
  • Item
  • [1986]

This item is a 4-page photocopy of an 1869 deed of land of property on the east shore of Little Lake, Peterborough, now known as Beavermead Park, which indicates that the land was once owned by Canada's first prime minister, Sir John A. Macdonald. The property at the time of his ownership was valued at $310.00.

Beavermead Park