These portraits consist of two items. One is a portrait of Charles Rubidge, [181-?]. The caption "Captn C. Rubidge. Royal Navy, London, England," and a stamped credit "Brown 163 High Holborn London" are found on the reverse. The other is a portrait by F.W. Lock, 1845, of an unidentified male with last name Rubidge, believed to be a son of Charles Rubidge.
Fonds consists of the wills of W.T.C. Boyd and Ida Lillian Boyd, with attached deed of Laurence Chadwick Boyd. Also included are several Boyd family photographs and one portrait. One of the albums has a photograph of Anne Langton, pioneer artist and teacher who settled in the Sturgeon Lake area, and whose journals have been published.
This fonds consists of a "School Exercise Book" which contains a handwritten biographical sketch of Miss Burgess' "First School", undoubtedly written to be read to the members of the Shakespeare Club at one of their monthly meetings. The 31 loose sheets consist of poems and verse written by Burgess over the years as inspiration or occasion presented.
This fonds consists of two Christmas greeting cards sent to the Ropers by Ned and Vi Pratt. The card dated 1953 called "Night" with woodcut illustration by their daughter, Claire Pratt, contains a simple seasonal greeting. The other card, undated, contains a poem called "Magic in Everything", and is embellished with pen and ink decorations by Claire Pratt. Both cards are enclosed in a Trinity College envelope. Also included are three paper fragments: a typewritten one presumably quoting an aphorism by Pratt; a handwritten note referring to pages 380 and 396 in the volume Collected Poems in Roper's handwriting; and another reference to page 230.
This collection consists of a number of articles written by Norman McBain about families in Cavan and about topics of interest in the Cavan area, i.e. inns, taxes, schools, etc. It also includes the following: an article by E.S. Clarry on an 1821 petition to the King regarding voting rights; a bylaw re taverns; the history of Fairmount Church and Methodist givings; an 1896 ballot for Cavan officers; a clipping re George Berry; a list of Overseers of Highways, fence viewers, etc.; an audited financial statement of Cavan for 1875; a newspaper report of Cavan Council business; an invoice re sidewalks; notes on Cavan town hall; and several pages of original hand-written notes re persons holding various offices in Cavan. Also included are copies of clippings re Cavan Blazers, school graduation results, etc.
This fonds consists of records leading to the production of "Thomas Buck Yorkshire to Ontario" which traces the descendants of Thomas Buck who came to Canada from Yorkshire in 1833. Records include newspaper clippings, obituaries, wedding announcements, photographs, a copy of "The First Publishers of Truth," a history of quakerism in Dent, historiography of the Buck coat of arms, genealogical charts and a photocopy of "The Late Thomas Buck, of Ravenstonedale."
This collection consists of petitions, proclamations, printed acts, correspondence relating to British North America, Hudson's Bay Company, and the governance of British North America by the British crown. There are records relating to the Red River Settlement, the British Columbia Act and Oregon Territory, as well as several historical maps.
Collection consists of disparate materials collected by Professor Macmillan who was a philatelist. The correspondence and documents pertain to writers in Great Britain and the British Empire. The subject matter ranges from military campaigns between the British and the French, mutiny in the West Indies and India and the sugar and slave trade in the West Indies. Subjects of letters include: battles in India, trade routes in West Indies and Asia; wars with France, Spain, and Austria.
Item is an original handwritten manuscript of the proceedings of the British Parliament during the reign of James I, dated February 1620 to December 1621. The manuscript is written on rag paper and is 117 pages in length. It is bound in half-calf, and the spine has the inscription: "Phillips MSS 3093." The binder's ticket on the inside cover has the inscription: "Bretherton ligavit 1848."
This fonds consists of the original and collected papers of E.C. Guillet, relating to his works and research on the Trent Valley/Peterborough/Kawartha area. Included is correspondence, primarily with George M. Douglas and Helen Marryat; maps (photocopies); newspaper articles regarding above area; collected manuscripts of historical authors; photographs; and Guillet's own unpublished manuscript of Canadian Literary Pioneers.
This collection consists of two legal documents. One is written on parchment, dated 6 May 1647 and written in German. The second document is dated 11 December 1806 and appoints 16 men as Justices of the Peace for the District of Newcastle. It is signed by Francis Gore, Lieutenant Governor of Upper Canada at York.
This fonds consists of correspondence, photographs, etc. of Gilbert and Stewart Bagnani and their families. Important historical materials relating to the John Beverley Robinson family are included. The fonds also consists of Gilbert's research material as an archaeologist, Stewart's research material relating to her work as an art lecturer, photographs and materials relating to the Bagnani estate, "Vogrie", located in Port Hope, Ontario, and materials concerning Gilbert and Stewart's association with Trent University.
This collection consists of photographs relating to Natives and their activities, mostly throughout Canada . The photographs portray extensively the lives of Natives who lived in Canada during the 1800's and early 1900's. Most of the photographs are copies of other photographs but several are copies of sketches and paintings done in the late 1600's to the mid 1800's. Each photograph is labelled with a title and a place of origin.
This collection consists of two legal documents which belonged to Mrs. Friedman's sister. One is an indenture between James Holden and Thomas Westaby of Lincolnshire, dated February 20, 1686. The other is a land grant to Henry Smith, of 200 acres in Garafraxa township, Halton County, dated December 2, 1824 and December 27, 1825.
This item is a leather-bound sermon book, of notes taken by an unidentified person at Kilbride, Stevenstoune and Kilwinning in Cunningham, Scotland (south-west of Glasgow) from August 12th to October 1705.
This addition to the fonds consists of correspondence, research notes and photographs as well as manuscripts of Professor David S. Macmillan while he was researching topics and papers for publication or lectures.